Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2018 Vantage patent filing and render

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Here we can see that the car is a less dramatic departure from the predecessor than the db11. The grill is below the headlights instead of splitting them. I think it's going to be a stunner as long as the rear end isn't pinched down too much.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-vantage-db10/

Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mindscape9
When you type "most beautiful cars ever made" in google, this is the #1 link that is returned:

https://drivetribe.com/p/top-15-most...R1OHzQr-0zZ0BQ

...and #1 on this list is the current vantage
Why is there NO DBS on the list?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Here we can see that the car is a less dramatic departure from the predecessor than the db11. The grill is below the headlights instead of splitting them. I think it's going to be a stunner as long as the rear end isn't pinched down too much.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-vantage-db10/
The nose looks much better than the renderings, but then again it is camouflaged.

The rear diffuser is not growing on me

Old 08-02-2017, 06:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The rear end is odd. Morries Aston Martin had the DB-10 for a few months parked next to current Vantages... not just my opinion, but others thought that the current Vantages parked next to the DB 10 looked better. Not sure about the side vent and a rounded nose with a more squared up rear side fender (like the DB-11). I was planning on getting the next version of Vantage, but when I saw whats coming out, I instead upgraded to the V12S from my V8, which still gives that gentleman sportscar aura that Aston is known for. I think the styling direction that Aston is going is a big mistake. Currently on CARS.COM there are 54 new DB-11's for sale. If a car is an instant hit, there would be 0 cars for sale and a waiting list. There is one new Ferrari 488 for sale, ZERO Hurcans available. Cadillac sold every CTS they made until the styling got weird sorta superfly'd it - ugly, now they are suffering. I feel Aston is going the absolute wrong direction with this new Vantage and simply cannot afford to screw this one up. It just 'aston'ishes me that automotive designers can get it so wrong most of the time when they have a hit and turn it into a miss. This one actually might reverse the downhill prices of the current Vantages.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
The rear end is odd. Morries Aston Martin had the DB-10 for a few months parked next to current Vantages... not just my opinion, but others thought that the current Vantages parked next to the DB 10 looked better. Not sure about the side vent and a rounded nose with a more squared up rear side fender (like the DB-11). I was planning on getting the next version of Vantage, but when I saw whats coming out, I instead upgraded to the V12S from my V8, which still gives that gentleman sportscar aura that Aston is known for. I think the styling direction that Aston is going is a big mistake. Currently on CARS.COM there are 54 new DB-11's for sale. If a car is an instant hit, there would be 0 cars for sale and a waiting list. There is one new Ferrari 488 for sale, ZERO Hurcans available. Cadillac sold every CTS they made until the styling got weird sorta superfly'd it - ugly, now they are suffering. I feel Aston is going the absolute wrong direction with this new Vantage and simply cannot afford to screw this one up. It just 'aston'ishes me that automotive designers can get it so wrong most of the time when they have a hit and turn it into a miss. This one actually might reverse the downhill prices of the current Vantages.
+100

I think you hit the nail here.

My first hope was that AM goes a similar direction as Porsche with the 911. More evolution of the design, not revolution.

The db11 already showed clearly that revolution is the path AM chose for the lineup.
Someone local bought a db11 and less than a month later traded it in for a Huracan. If the db11 is such a winner, this wouldn't be the case.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I'll have to see the rear end with the lighting, but not much you can tell with the camoflague on, the side strakes and hood vents appear to be covered up as well

it would be hard to top the perfection that is the earlier vantage, but I don't think it looks horrible at all, I'll wait to see one in full paint in the flesh before I judge but the stance so far looks pretty good

Old 08-02-2017, 09:00 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
+1. A lot that isn't really clear with the camo, etc (which is of course the point) although I suppose if the rear diffuser area isn't to someone's liking with what is shown, I don't know how much that part can change without camo on the rest of the car...

Old 08-02-2017, 09:07 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
FCK has a couple Huracans in stock, not everything is going to be online, but I get the point.

There was a DB11 in Ballers Sunday night, Joe's new ride. I saw one in another show recently but forgot already. So they're pushing it on several fronts. Brady in print adds, specific placements on TV, it's not like they aren't trying.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:40 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
It's not pretty, and based on what's been coming out from AM lately I didn't expect it to be. It's too bad

Old 08-08-2017, 01:42 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
It will be fast but it will sound like crap

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.