Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2018 Vantage patent filing and render

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:08 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I'd have to see it from all angles, I'm not so sure the real thing will dominate the rear so much on the production model (as I doubt a diffuser sticking out further than the bumper would pass US collision standards) , that could be a LeMans only patent sort of thing perhaps?

Old 07-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
Here's a 3D rendition from a pistonhead user. The side by side, old vs new does show the similarities

Old 07-09-2017, 12:14 AM
Wniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura aboutWniimi has a spectacular aura about
Just finished rendering the front of the Vantage. Again, I took a lot of liberties. It took me a while to decide on what to do with the line on the hood. One interpretation is that it depicts a hump on the hood. In my rendering, I decided to show a drop into perhaps a vent per the Vulcan which is what this Vantage seems to be emulating. It would make sense that with such an aggressive front end, the air rushing through the grill will have to exit somewhere. With the motor sitting back in the front-mid-engine configuration, the radiator shroud that present Vantages have could give way to venting through the hood.

The line in the center of the hood is in question.

Pretty aggressive...

Old 07-09-2017, 09:50 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Looks pretty good! Thanks for putting the render together!

Old 07-30-2017, 10:13 AM
OR10N P4X is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

All of the renders I have seen look fairly accurate but they miss one thing.. the buttresses I am pretty sure the Vantage like the DB11 has intake buttresses

Old 07-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Looking at all the drawings and renderings, I'm so happy I already own the most beautiful car ever build.

If it will look anything like this, the used Vantage prices will stay steady at least.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Looking at all the drawings and renderings, I'm so happy I already own the most beautiful car ever build.
I'm glad somebody said it so I didn't have to.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
When you type "most beautiful cars ever made" in google, this is the #1 link that is returned:

https://drivetribe.com/p/top-15-most...R1OHzQr-0zZ0BQ

...and #1 on this list is the current vantage

Old 07-31-2017, 01:09 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm glad somebody said it so I didn't have to.

Ditto...

Old 07-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mindscape9
When you type "most beautiful cars ever made" in google, this is the #1 link that is returned:

Thanks for sharing this.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:12 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Tiff Needell agrees, even during a porsche targa review
(skip to 7:18 if my link didn't work)

Last edited by sonies; 07-31-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
Tiff Needell agrees, even during a porsche targa review
(skip to 7:18 if my link didn't work)

http://youtu.be/I77ualn0s0E?t=7m18s
All this deserves a own thread.

I just giggled over the comment under the 15 most beautiful cars..

The DB9 is like a milf. She's beautiful, alright. Nice legs, **** and ****. But the skin on her neck is starting to wrinkle, just like the small crevices around her eyes. Then, her daughter steps in. Her name is V8 Vantage, and she is the spitting image of her good looking mother - however younger, smaller. Tighter.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:37 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mindscape9

Actually, not the current Vantage, he's only showing examples of pre 2012 non splitter/extended duck tail cars. Not that those cars are not beautiful also, but in his eyes, I believe he left the current version off for a reason. The same reason I only looked for pre 2012 cars

Old 07-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Actually, not the current Vantage, he's only showing examples of pre 2012 non splitter/extended duck tail cars. Not that those cars are not beautiful also, but in his eyes, I believe he left the current version off for a reason. The same reason I only looked for pre 2012 cars
Nowhere in that article does he say anything about to which years of the Vantage he's referring. Seems pretty clear to me that he's referencing all years of the current V8 Vantage.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:00 PM
He's very specific about alot of things about all the cars he lists, why he loves the Singer Targa over the 994. Why the SLR over the SL. He doesn't specifically list anything about the V8V in detail, but he specifically showed pictures of pre 2012 cars. 3 of them. He could have very easily added a car from the last 5 years, but he didn't. IMO, he didn't have to say it, he showed it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.