Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone switch from a Vantage V8S to a 2015 V12S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Anyone switch from a Vantage V8S to a 2015 V12S?

Wanted to know opinions - or regrets, if any if someone upgraded to V12S from a 430HP Vantage.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I really wanted to start with a 2011 but my itchy right foot said it would be a dumb idea and I'd be suspended again my first ticket!

I've almost made it a year with my V8V though! [knock wood!]

Old 06-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
I'd like to know too

got this itch that says a V12v would be a great long term car BUT knowing how good the V8V is I wonder if the bit more twitchy rear and all that torque is really what I need

Graze

Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'll always have a need to melt rubber in 3rd gear, but I have to balance that with my need to be able to drive, legally

Old 06-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I took a few test drives in V12 Vantages - one in Minnesota 20 degree weather - can't tell you how bad on an idea that was with cold pavement and 510 HP, the next opportunity was a few short drives in a few V12S - one had something wrong with it and seemed less powerful than my (at the time 09 non-S Vantage), and two other times where to hear the sound I was aggressive with the gas and seemed to have a bit of war with the traction control - not fun. But maybe I was too quick to judge - that's why I'm asking.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:39 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I took a few test drives in V12 Vantages - one in Minnesota 20 degree weather - can't tell you how bad on an idea that was with cold pavement and 510 HP, the next opportunity was a few short drives in a few V12S - one had something wrong with it and seemed less powerful than my (at the time 09 non-S Vantage), and two other times where to hear the sound I was aggressive with the gas and seemed to have a bit of war with the traction control - not fun. But maybe I was too quick to judge - that's why I'm asking.
DB9---- I love the sound rolling into it in 3rd and 4th. 2nd with Cat Deletes can be a bit loud if nailed. But nothing beats so far the sound with Cat Deletes on the V12.

I know you said there are a few Dogleg V12s's in your neck of the woods. Why not give one a spin, and see what your thoughts are with the sticks. I feel that with the normal V8 you likely would tend to use the power a lot more, and get higher revs. However, with the v12 you would keep the high revs in reserve for when you need it, rather than having to use it to keep up or pass. Just don't find myself using all of my power hardly ever, all the while still enjoying it.

Hope that makes some sense.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
It would be hard for me to get rid of my Vantage. I traded by 09 for a RENNtech e63 estate and missed the Vantage. So I started looking for that perfect Vantage and in my mind I have found it. I love this car. So if I were to get a V 12 Vantage I would keep the V8 Vantage. I'm safe for now as I don't have any more garage space. Six cars in the garage and my wife's Tiguan is out on the drive. Maybe time for another lift? No I can't even go there.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:24 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Gene

you know what they say

the perfect number of cars is a formula expressed as

Number of cars = D-1

where D is divorce

you may have room for more cars?

Graze

Old 06-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Don't fight the traction control, just turn it off. The old friend that convinced me to shop for a V12 to begin with [until I got pulled over doing 71 in a 35 2 weeks later [got an obstructed plate ticket as I'd just gotten my license restored, again]] traded his 1 owner 06 in for a Carbon Black 12 in 2011, and he goes thru a set of Corsa's a year, 6 sets of rears in 10,000 miles, he's always sending me pictures of his driveway where he roasts off what's left before he takes it to get a new set. He always turns the traction control off as soon as he starts the car like I do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.