Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Water jests on front window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Water jests on front window

Hi guys
Had the vantage out today, needed the window cleaned while driving.
I seldom use the water jests on the window, when I pushed the *** it hardly came out, resulting in even less visibility with the wipers smearing the little water and making a mess (car was spotless but standing in garage unused for 5 weeks)
I got home and pushed a pin into the slit but this has not improved water spray?
Anyone had the problem and can you advise how I clean it out to work proper again

Old 07-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Have someone listen near the right front wheel to see if the pump is running; make sure the headlights are off- the headlamp washer is a separate pump and will spray the person checking for noise. If they can hear the pump running, check for kinks in the line at the hood hinge. If they don't hear it running, check the fuse and possibly replace the pump motor. I've seen a few of these fail from not being used frequently enough.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Mine died recently as well. I wonder if there is a Ford or Jag part that can be used?

Matt

Old 07-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
4G43-01-10304 - the aston pump is similar to some ford pumps, but with a different connector. It's not too expensive either; around $35-40.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:54 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Pump working, (removed fuse for head lamp washer) small dribble of water comes out but I can't get it to shoot into the center of the screen.
I confes it's not a thing I have used much on my Aston, being a garage queen it's never been driven in the rain or dirt so over a 5 year period possibly less than a hand full of times.
Unlike other cars it seems to have a slit rather than a tiny hole for the water to shoot out from??

Old 07-06-2017, 02:43 PM
mike_787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking outside the box here - if you have a water pick (for flossing teeth) you could try shooting some hot water into opening to dissolve/remove the dried crud.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I tried mine today, drivers side barely gets over the wiper, passenger side goes about a foot up the windshield. Enough to do the job.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Captain Greg...try to disconnect the hose and use a compressor to blow air through the line...take tips off and soak in vingar if needed to clean out any scaling in them...

Hopefully it will clear the line and clean the spray heads...good luck...

Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 AM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
Hallo Greg.

Try to remove the pipes as Aldv said But then rinse your tank. Gunk settle from the water and soap and sometimes the little strainer in the tank blocks up. I am not 100% sure if the Aston have a strainer in the suction.
Regards

Kobus

Old 07-07-2017, 11:53 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Could try disconnecting the hose at the nozzle and see what sort of pressure you have from the fluid coming out the hose. If it's just a dribble then you know the issue is at the pump or in the line. If you get good pressure then you know the issue is the nozzle.

David

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.