Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2007 Vantage Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 01:36 PM
dondiego is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Vantage Suspension Question

I bought a used 2007 Vantage about 6 months ago. I love the car and it has only 6,900 miles. Jet black with red interior and 6 speed.

My only complaint is the suspension. I find the ride overly harsh, to the point where the interior rattles. I have read countless posts about this issue but can't seem to get a handle on the fix.

Is there anyone who can help me?

Old 07-17-2017, 01:44 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I switched to Michelin PSS and that helped

Old 07-17-2017, 04:58 PM
I changed over to the same tires and saw some improvement but I need more. Has anyone found a set of dampers that fixed the problem??

Old 07-17-2017, 08:00 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Potentially adjust tire pressures

Recommended pressures for my 2007 Vantage are 33 psi front and 36 psi rear.
I routinely run 1 psi lower in winter and 2 psi lower in summer (pressures adjusted in the cool of the morning) to allow for increased ambient temperatures in CA.
Depending on your driving style, a pressure adjustment may not work for you.
However, as you are located in a year-round warm climate, some minor tire pressure adjustments may be enough to soften the ride to your liking.
And yes, lower initial tire pressure may affect your tire tread wear and handling characteristics before they reach operating temperatures. YMMV...

Old 07-18-2017, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I believe the issue goes well beyond the tires. From what I can gather, the dampers were changed to bilsteins in '09. Appears some bushing changes were made too. Perhaps this is the answer.

I'm surprised no one here has made a change.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:06 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Agree have been looking for an adjustable solution (while driving) as it would be wonderful to have. I have switched to PSS tires and it helped, also, have let the shocks wear and have not replaced them. The sacrifice in performance, for me is less egregious than a harsh ride all the time. The caveat is it is less safe at higher speeds.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Lve2xlr8 is on a distinguished road
I also switched to Michelins (PS4S) and noticed a good bit of ride improvement.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
These are sports cars and a firm ride should be expected. Be glad you didn't buy a Sport Pack car with far stiffer suspension.

There is a company doing conversions to adjustable suspension controlled by a button in the dash, somebody here had theirs done, I can't remember who or the name of the company but it's basically the recent stock adjustable from comfort to sport suspension. It was a 5 figure upgrade if I remember right.

Edit - Pretty sure it was Bamford Rose US installer in Arizona doing the suspension package.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 07-19-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:44 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by oo7
Agree have been looking for an adjustable solution (while driving) as it would be wonderful to have. I have switched to PSS tires and it helped, also, have let the shocks wear and have not replaced them. The sacrifice in performance, for me is less egregious than a harsh ride all the time. The caveat is it is less safe at higher speeds.

​​​​​​​I saw a KW kit a while back. #39033001

Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...if you have a sports package the ride is harder on bumpy roads...but smooth roads or minor bumps... Wonderful.
​​​​​​Even with harsh roads the car should not bounce but take the road hits. If you can check the coilovers etc...maybe leaking etc...
If you have a nice curve road...get up to speed ...downshift and gas...you should have no body roll and take well...if not look for the issue causing this...
I have a sports package and corners are my friend and fun....good luck ...you will adjust to the ride...also...get a good radar detector...lol
Night

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.