Window Wrap - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by: Bamford Rose

Window Wrap

Old 10-10-2017, 01:48 PM

Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
Window Wrap

Got Custom Colors to trim my black window trim in Chrome today for a bit of 'elegance' to the car. This is the first time anyone has done that in their experience, most do the opposite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChromeWrap.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	514168  
Old 10-10-2017, 02:00 PM

skywagon will become famous soon enough
I like it! I debated black window trim on my Vantage but I feel the polished/chrome finish adds an elegant dimension to the car.

Does your car have the carbon fender vent blade or black? If black, are you going to wrap it as well or swap for a set of polished ones? I feel that the fender vent blade and window trim should compliment each other to further tie the car together.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Basic Sponsor

Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
If the black trim is still okay, you may be able to get some cash out of a trade. The black trim is actually fairly expensive, so someone swapping it out for chrome would likely off their original plus cash... just gotta be careful that neither car's trim was bent during removal.
[email protected]
Old 10-10-2017, 02:51 PM

Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
If the black trim is still okay, you may be able to get some cash out of a trade. The black trim is actually fairly expensive, so someone swapping it out for chrome would likely off their original plus cash... just gotta be careful that neither car's trim was bent during removal.
I think he just had his black trim vinyl-wrapped with chrome-look vinyl. Most people who change trim color have their chrome trim wrapped with black vinyl.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
I did the chrome vinyl wrap ($500) - I told the dealer to swap out the chrome on my previous Vantage, but the Aston rep said not to do that as the trim does not go on as well once it's taken off (his words). As you an see my side strake is chrome and with silver wheels does balance out the look a bit,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1947.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	845.7 KB
ID:	514201  
Old 10-10-2017, 04:48 PM

HabitualOffender will become famous soon enough
I never liked the black trim on any of them. That looks "right" now.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:56 PM

Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most people pay extra for the black...
Old 10-11-2017, 10:00 AM

brightoncorgi is an unknown quantity at this point
I am sucker for bright work on British cars.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:13 PM

shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
yeah you're def the first i've heard of to to that. i couldn't wait to get rid of my chrome, doesn't go w/anything on my car.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:32 AM

There were enough existing chrome and metallic bits to balance out - if I had carbon bits it wold not have made sense or look good.