Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I want to buy a DB11 but....

Old 11-12-2017, 08:09 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Oh dear, I was really looking for some convincing towards the DB11, perhaps something that I had not the perception to realize or see, but looks like most feel the same way as me on this one. Well, unless it grows on me as it has Prefurbia, it seems that I am still anchored in the direction of the Vanquish.

Thanks for the thoughts and responses, everyone

Old 11-12-2017, 08:26 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
..... While the DB11 is growing on me from the outside, as long as the wheels and tires are changed out to something that fills the wheel wells a bit more and the roof strake is a body color.
Agree with you 100% here, Prefurbia. The execution of the contrast pillar is something that I dismissed from the outset. Somehow it didn't fit and was making me think of a cheap french runabout. The jury is still out for me too on the "hot-wheels" fender vent, but let's see.

Last edited by FatFrank; 11-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:49 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spinecho
Like XJRS says, what's the dilemma??

What's the DB11 got going for it? It's "new". It has "tech". Ummm......

The Vanq? Gorgeous looks inisde and out (just don't get contrast colour around the exhausts/diffuser, please). Naturally aspirated, big capacity engine. Less "tech" (yes, that's a good thing IMO). It's timeless.

In case you aren't convinced, say the name of each car out loud while imagining you are applying wax to its flank... er, sorry, got to go now...
definitely too many syllables... 5 is definitely to many... it doesn't roll off the tongue very well...

Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Definitely the Vanquish. The best modern Aston. Probably the last of the pure breed

Old 11-13-2017, 09:42 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I used to think Vanquish all day before I'd seen them in person side by side... I'd actually go DB11 convertible, the DB11 having seen a bunch of different ones in the flesh is just really nice, its a big GT car and the interior is much nicer than the now dated looking vanquish

You have to pick the right color for the DB11 IMO white looks fantastic

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...de508bacc6.jpg

I took a pic of the two side by side this year Vanquish starts to look dated by comparison especially in person

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...ae4d52a071.jpg

Like a previous person said, I'd drive both and then decide

Last edited by sonies; 11-13-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a fan of the Black Pack or however Aston names it (Lotus uses black pack name for the black roof and side mirrors option).

Old 11-15-2017, 01:38 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Saw several DB11 next to a vanquish. E -type vs XJS, almost... IMO.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FatFrank
The jury is still out for me too on the "hot-wheels" fender vent, but let's see.
Surely they are functional, but completely ruin the aesthetics for me.

chr

Old 11-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Me too - the side strakes for the windows - especially when a different color and the roof a different color just destroys the look of the DB11, for me at least. On resale you would need to find a buyer also liking that look restricting the market - could reduce value.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vanquish S in a high contrast color such as white or blue.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oo7
Saw several DB11 next to a vanquish. E -type vs XJS, almost... IMO.
Not sure I get the comparison you are using? Which Jag is to which Aston?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:54 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
piture

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi

Not sure I get the comparison you are using? Which Jag is to which Aston?

here is pic, as mentioned, not quite...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jaguar-2008-cottage.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	516496  
Old 11-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by oo7
here is pic, as mentioned, not quite...

We had both the E Type and XJS in our family. I like the XJS, not sure if that is the wrong answer for you? E Type was a soldering project behind the dash...

Old 11-20-2017, 02:54 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The XJS was basically an oil puddle with a car sitting in it

Old 11-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
The XJS was basically an oil puddle with a car sitting in it

We had better luck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.