Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I want to buy a DB11 but....

Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
I was speaking of design, not the execution of it, and need to exempt the series IIs and IIIs from the comparison as well. BTW, the xjs and new db are/were fine cars, just lacking the grace of their antecedents, imho...

Old 11-21-2017, 12:42 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
While the earlier Series 1 E-Type's were the best looking, I had a Series 2 that still caused people to constantly stop, stare and smile as we drove by. It is a timeless design.

I get similar looks in the Vantage. Time will tell if the newer AM design visuals hold up as well, or quickly become dated.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:17 PM
mrklas will become famous soon enough
Have you driven both? When the Vanquish first came out I had the opportunity to drive the 2013 at Spa along with a V8 Vantage S and DB9. The Vanquish was beautiful but it didn't drive as well as the DB9 and certainly couldn't hold a candle to the V8 Vantage S.

The analogy I use is I felt driving the Vanquish was like getting to date a supermodel and then realizing you enjoy being with the girl next door...

Last edited by mrklas; 12-21-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:22 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Vanquish any day.. Heck, I'd prefer the first generation Vanquish over the DB11. 06 Vanquish with the 6speed conversion.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.