Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I want to buy a DB11 but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 03:29 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I want to buy a DB11 but....

I am leaning towards a newish Vanquish because I am
just not finding that the DB11 has the same sensual allure and appeal to me as other Aston’s. I really want want to get into Aston’s latest product, but whenever I look at one it just doesn’t want me yet. Its stance, the wheels and the way the body seems to float above them, the boxy view from the rear, all somehow mean that I don’t want to reach out and touch it. The Vanquish by comparison, still has me wanting to labor slowly over all its curves with my hands.
Is this feeling going to last, will the DB11 grow on me? I do hope so but right now I am stuck with this internal feeling of ambivalence and disharmony that means I can’t commit....argh

Last edited by FatFrank; 11-10-2017 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 11-10-2017, 04:57 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
What's the dilemma? A Vanquish is far superior to a DB11 in every possible way.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Same here. Vanquish for me. DB11 doesn't feel like Aston, it feels like just another car, I saw new Vantage yesterday too....
What I'm trying to say I'd go with Vanquish.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:34 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
It's either love at first sight or not. How many times did this happen to Porsche over the years?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:00 PM
SUFitness is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 007JB
Same here. Vanquish for me. DB11 doesn't feel like Aston, it feels like just another car, I saw new Vantage yesterday too....
What I'm trying to say I'd go with Vanquish.

Wait, what? You saw the new Vantage already?

Can you share pics? Or tell us what kind of animal it looks like?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:11 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Why do you have to like the DB11?

Old 11-10-2017, 09:44 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SUFitness

Ask your dealer. Dealer invite only. No pics. NDA needed.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:46 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Frank, my choice is Vanquish simply cos of the NA V12. I imagine the newer Vanquish has updated tech.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:02 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SUFitness

sorry, i signed document that can't share anything till unveil date Nov 21st.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The direction of Aston Martin is drastically changing - from beautiful design with interiors that are the most elegant in the industry to something quite different. While the DB11 is growing on me from the outside, as long as the wheels and tires are changed out to something that fills the wheel wells a bit more and the roof strake is a body color. With the DB11S I suppose the wheels will fill the wells better. However - the interiors look as if 5 guys designed it without ever communicating with each other (although the switch gear is quite a bit better than before). This is why I decided to buy a V12S now and it will probably be the last Aston Martin I'll buy, unless they come back in future models and get interior designers that bring back the incredible and elegant look that is special.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:50 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Very different cars - the Vanquish for me is a true Aston Martin iconic statement from performance to appearance!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:09 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I would go for a Vanquish over DB11.

That being said, I would like to drive each and then decide.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:55 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The Vanquish S is stunning, and the very last of the breed. It's not like they're turning the page, it's more like they started writing a new book.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:24 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
For the carbon fiber body alone is worth the Vanquish. I like the rear spoiler; styled exactly like the 1st gen Evora. It just flows right into the whole design without announcing its a wing.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:41 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Like XJRS says, what's the dilemma??

What's the DB11 got going for it? It's "new". It has "tech". Ummm......

The Vanq? Gorgeous looks inisde and out (just don't get contrast colour around the exhausts/diffuser, please). Naturally aspirated, big capacity engine. Less "tech" (yes, that's a good thing IMO). It's timeless.

In case you aren't convinced, say the name of each car out loud while imagining you are applying wax to its flank... er, sorry, got to go now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.