Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Velocity AP ECU flashing tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Deckman, I just uploaded my tune and drove my car. Like you, I'm not keen on the amount of pops and crackles on the overrun, it's just too much for me!

here's a short (not bery good) video. Between 10-20 secs into the video (when I drop down a gear) listen to all the pops on the overrun. I think reducing these by about 70% would sound less obtrusive (for me).

https://youtu.be/mNwCbkPfyj0
That's what mine sounds like. I would like to see that reduced a smidge if possible. I'll write the programmer today.

SherifDep - driving during the winter is a personal decision, but generally I put my car away when they put the first salt down. If we have rain that washes the salt off the road then I feel free to take it out afterward. I also have summer tires and have to be careful when it's near or below freezing.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:47 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
That video is with 100 Cells Cats, what are yours ?? 200 Cells ?? Do you have your exhaust valves always open (fuse removed)??

Old 12-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Scottiejo is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if the car will pass California emissions test with the Stage 2 Software? Want to know if I should revert back to the original file before getting it tested.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:28 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Can you not drive a Aston in the winter there? I understand rainy, snowy, salty dust. But after a rain and then cold and dry?

I am moving to NoVa end of the month. I plan to relocate my DB9 Jan 3rd. Crossing fingers no snow or rain. I will have no choice but to drive on the 2nd or 3rd. It will be done period. Unless multiple inches of snow or ice. But flurries or dusting it will get driven. Cant be that bad. Kidding slightly there. But I really will have no choice.

Then in garage and washed inside. I plan to do a 70-100 hour paint correction, and underbody prep over the winter. Not saying It wont get driven, not sure I can keep my hands off it that long. But hopefully there will be a few nice days.
I was really worried about what the salt and mostly BRINE had done driving it all last Winter and when I finally got to see it up on the lift when they were putting the stock clutch back in, it was absolutely beautiful underneath. No signs of anything from when I had inspected it at purchase, except, the exhaust has toned into the deep ambers. Don't fear the Winter

Old 12-12-2017, 11:15 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handyman2009
That video is with 100 Cells Cats, what are yours ?? 200 Cells ?? Do you have your exhaust valves always open (fuse removed)??
I'm not sure if you are me this or someone else. I have secondary cats removed and valves always open.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:21 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottiejo
Does anyone know if the car will pass California emissions test with the Stage 2 Software? Want to know if I should revert back to the original file before getting it tested.
Always flash the stock tune back and verify that the monitors are set.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:49 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deckman
That's what mine sounds like. I would like to see that reduced a smidge if possible. I'll write the programmer today.

SherifDep - driving during the winter is a personal decision, but generally I put my car away when they put the first salt down. If we have rain that washes the salt off the road then I feel free to take it out afterward. I also have summer tires and have to be careful when it's near or below freezing.
I am not fond of this either.... To many pop pops... Never thought I would say that.... I would like to know if this can be reduced/removed without effecting power. I have not had the time to read mine to return the base file and would like to know if this is a possible request.

Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The service at VelocityAP is second to none. I sent an email explaining that I didn't like the excessive pops on overrun and a day later Chris sent me another tune with the pops removed (he altered the timing on lift off, I think). It's so much better now.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Always flash the stock tune back and verify that the monitors are set.
If he has a Stg2 or something with 200 cells, the catalysts monitor will fail. If he left the VAP tune and fitted back the OEM catalyst for the CARB test, won't be an issue. With the VAP tune on the these cars, I've always seen the monitors learn(even with 200 cells, headers..etc). Although doing a CARB test, if they see the headers and 200 cells, I'd assume you would fail on the spot..

If the original tune was flashed back, that would clear all the monitors and the car would need to relearn everything all over again, which might be near impossible if temp outside is hot..the secondary air monitor won't run/complete

Old 12-14-2017, 09:28 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Can you not drive a Aston in the winter there? I understand rainy, snowy, salty dust. But after a rain and then cold and dry?
In the winter (and technically fall and spring), the roads are never dry in Seattle. It hasn't rained here in over a week as of today and yet the roads are still not completely dry. This leads to morning ice every day (on the rare occasions that it's not raining) and there is almost no road that isn't on some kind of an incline. It's very hilly here. I don't drive my Aston in the winter. Instead, I drive cars that are a bit less precious. Even if I didn't care about the wear on the car, I don't care to subject my car to the questionable decision making capabilities of Seattle drivers during winter months.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:31 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
The service at VelocityAP is second to none. I sent an email explaining that I didn't like the excessive pops on overrun and a day later Chris sent me another tune with the pops removed (he altered the timing on lift off, I think). It's so much better now.
+1 on this. The personal customer service and turn around time from Chris is 1st rate. Even after 6 months, he's still answering my questions. I can't endorse them enough. It doesn't hurt that the tune does a fantastic job of waking the engine up.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:58 PM
DBS down under is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi fellow owners - recently joined this forum and want to give a big thumbs up to the Velocity AP crew. I ordered a flash tune and Scrape Armor bumper protector for my DBS from Stuart who is friendly, knowledgeable and highly responsive. As for the flash tune, Chris turned around my file in less than a day which was impressive and emailed a comprehensive layman's breakdown of what he modified to achieve the tunes I requested with pros/cons.

Reviewing the tune: swearing not permitted but holy **** and WTF - it's a world of difference, especially with the touchtronic (I believe these have a longer 1st gear?) Throttle response is much more linear particularly from a standing start which ideal for traction and tyre life. I suspect this will improve fuel consumption but will be difficult to assess given the temptation to drive aggressively. Arguments about poor bang for buck on a highly-tuned V12 from factory do not consider the improved driveability of this useful modification. Highly recommended.

Last edited by DBS down under; 04-18-2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Incomplete post initially
Old 06-21-2018, 04:49 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to give another shout out to Stuart and Chris. Brought my tune back on Black Friday 2017. Finally had my car stalling issue resolved by factory and flash it this week.

I can’t believe how bad stock response was compare to now. Great response with initial throttle. Best thing is now heel toe downshift is easy to do. As a matter of fact I’m overreving because I was so used to needing a heavy throttle blip.

Now X pipe goes on next week.

Great job Velocity

Old 06-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Just wanted to give another shout out to Stuart and Chris. Brought my tune back on Black Friday 2017. Finally had my car stalling issue resolved by factory and flash it this week.

I can’t believe how bad stock response was compare to now. Great response with initial throttle. Best thing is now heel toe downshift is easy to do. As a matter of fact I’m overreving because I was so used to needing a heavy throttle blip.

Now X pipe goes on next week.

Great job Velocity

Thank-you!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-22-2018, 01:47 PM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
Seeing this thread reminded me...

Just got a smog check notice. I'm in CA. Wish I could get credit for driving a Tesla daily and use that for my Aston.

I also just flashed a new tune (VAP made some mods for me - great service).

So, how do I pass smog testing?
1. Leave it all as-is, Tune+200 Cells and hope for the best?
2. Swap back to OEM Cats and leave tune?
3. Swap back to OEM Cats and flash back to stock?

I assume I need to drive something like 100+ miles after the flash to get enough data into the system before doing the testing?

Any other pointers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.