Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12S thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:50 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
@jmargolese - Have you considered a Vanquish at your price point or only want a full on sports car?

Old 03-01-2018, 07:00 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
@jmargolese - Have you considered a Vanquish at your price point or only want a full on sports car?
I have considered a vanquish, the 14 and 15 models are in the price range and I may head that route, but I do not like black and the only non black cars had crazy colored interiors last time I checked.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:03 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by branjk
that V12 looks fantastic. I am looking for a Vantage and have felt the 'pull' towards a V12. A couple of you have responded with suggestions/comments about the V12 which i appreciate. Most of the V12 talk on this thread is around the newer ones, especially 7 speed manual. I was wondering what people thought about the early manual ones? Like 2011 and 2012. Those fit my price range better. Curios if anyone has experience with that model/year. Thanks

Brandon
I have owned my V12V for over 5 years now and is the car I have held on to the longest. I owned a 2007 V8V for 2 years before purchasing it. I am now at 19k miles on it now and still get a huge smile every time I drive it. The V12s came loaded in 2011/2012. They sound great without being obnoxiously loud, they are smooth, the transmission and engine work wonderfully well together, and there just isn't anything else like it on the road. I highly suggest test driving one if you get the chance.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:15 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I started getting seriously interested in the Mako Blue NB has, but it turns out it's a press car ;(

Old 03-02-2018, 07:40 AM
branjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WG_moots
I have owned my V12V for over 5 years now and is the car I have held on to the longest. I owned a 2007 V8V for 2 years before purchasing it. I am now at 19k miles on it now and still get a huge smile every time I drive it. The V12s came loaded in 2011/2012. They sound great without being obnoxiously loud, they are smooth, the transmission and engine work wonderfully well together, and there just isn't anything else like it on the road. I highly suggest test driving one if you get the chance.

dressed in red
love that red. I was looking at a v12 2011 with about 20k miles. It is certified with one year warranty from dealer. Still a little concerned about life of clutch or ceramic brakes. Do you guys see a typical life span with them?

Old 03-02-2018, 07:52 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HansCH
I'm also in the market for a V12V manual albeit over here in Switzerland.
I have an offer for a great new V12VS manual in Aston Martin Racing green with Sports Plus Pack and a lot of carbon. Looks absolutely fantastic imo and it's not the usual black/silver/grey scheme.
Love that shade of green, but I am 100% sure it is not AMRG. It's probably Alloro, but could be Chiltern?

Old 03-02-2018, 08:02 AM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Love that shade of green, but I am 100% sure it is not AMRG. It's probably Alloro, but could be Chiltern?
You are right - it is Alloro.

To be honest, I don't know the difference between Alloro, AMRG and Stirling.
If I look up pictures of DBR1 or DBR2 there seem to be subtly different shades of green depending also on the lighting - and pictures on screen usualy are very deceptive.

Would be interesting to see comparison pictures explained by someone in the know.

By the way - I have just spoken for the car and looking forward to get it end of march - will post pics.
Can hardly wait to drive it through the neighbouring Black Forrest.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I started getting seriously interested in the Mako Blue NB has, but it turns out it's a press car ;(
My Vantage GT, was the Aston Martin press car from the east cost and had 2800 miles on it. There are Different ones that are tested by magazines, and the ones that are used for Auto shows and photo shoots, mine was used for Auto shows and photo shoots. They are usually recondition by Aston Martin Before being sold to Aston Martin dealers for resale, and come with the remainder of their factory warranty. So don't discount the car out of hand.
Ron

Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold

If I look up pictures of DBR1 or DBR2 there seem to be subtly different shades of green depending also on the lighting - and pictures on screen usualy are very deceptive.

Would be interesting to see comparison pictures explained by someone in the know.

By the way - I have just spoken for the car and looking forward to get it end of march - will post pics.
Good for you and congratulations on your purchase, it looks to me like Aloro Green is a little lighter than the green on your new V 12.
Ron

Old 03-02-2018, 12:17 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by branjk
love that red. I was looking at a v12 2011 with about 20k miles. It is certified with one year warranty from dealer. Still a little concerned about life of clutch or ceramic brakes. Do you guys see a typical life span with them?

Ceramic brakes have a much longer life span than the standard steel ones. And, unless you are at the track every weekend, should last for a very long time with nothing other than fluid refresh.

To handle the additional hp/torque, the clutch on the V12V is a dual plate clutch and as opposed to the single plate version that came standard on the V8. Reverse is geared properly unlike the V8s so I don't get the burning clutch smell when I back up like I used to get in my V8V. If driven properly, I don't think accelerated clutch wear is an issue in the V12 cars. (but that is just my opinion)

WG

Old 03-02-2018, 01:12 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
My Vantage GT, was the Aston Martin press car from the east cost and had 2800 miles on it. There are Different ones that are tested by magazines, and the ones that are used for Auto shows and photo shoots, mine was used for Auto shows and photo shoots. They are usually recondition by Aston Martin Before being sold to Aston Martin dealers for resale, and come with the remainder of their factory warranty. So don't discount the car out of hand.
Ron
Service history shows it got a new set of tires at 2100 miles. I'm just assuming, but I'm betting most of that rubber was left on a track. It also has a 13,000 mile 5 year gap in service history after it was purchased.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:10 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute

The older cars are difficult to determine the actual shade of green, and of course lighting and exposure can make a big difference in what is displayed in a photo. AMRG in different exposures...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035 RIS.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	889.7 KB
ID:	521622  
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2018, 02:20 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The Alloro Green is really beautiful, so you are good with that one for sure!

Old 03-02-2018, 02:24 PM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Good for you and congratulations on your purchase, it looks to me like Aloro Green is a little lighter than the green on your new V 12.
Ron
Thanks, Ron. Spec Sheet says Alloro.

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The older cars are difficult to determine the actual shade of green, and of course lighting and exposure can make a big difference in what is displayed in a photo. AMRG in different exposures...
Great, thanks.