Wheel Spacer Advice - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by: Bamford Rose

Wheel Spacer Advice

Old 02-05-2018, 07:41 AM

Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
Wheel Spacer Advice

If I were to get wheel spacers of my V12S (2015) - anyone know which is the best and what offset would be the best - also any negatives?

Looking to get tires inline with fender edges front and rear
Old 02-05-2018, 10:56 AM

programmatore has a spectacular aura aboutprogrammatore has a spectacular aura aboutprogrammatore has a spectacular aura about
I was in the same boat. I wanted my stock wheels and tires to line up flush with the fenders. I went with the RSC Tuning hub-centric spacers, 15mm front and 20mm rear.

They come with longer wheel bolts so you'd need to press out the (shorter) stock bolts and press in the longer bolts. It's a bit of a pain but I felt this was a safer option than the Adaptec spacers that bolt on to the hub then you bolt the wheel on to the spacer.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Old 02-05-2018, 02:46 PM

Graze is on a distinguished road
that looks great

I used 5mm spacers on front & 11mm on rear and revised lug nuts which have thread extended all the way to the end of the nut so no need to change out the studs

Graze
Old 02-05-2018, 02:57 PM

Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
H&R 23mm rear and 11mm front.
I feel the front could use 15mm spacer but rear sits perfect.

I actually bought 15mm spacers off eBay and revised nuts but the spacer didn't fit.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:15 PM

programmatore has a spectacular aura aboutprogrammatore has a spectacular aura aboutprogrammatore has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefurbia View Post
If I were to get wheel spacers of my V12S (2015) - anyone know which is the best and what offset would be the best - also any negatives?

Looking to get tires inline with fender edges front and rear
Sorry, I just noticed you wrote you have a V12S. Your wheel offsets might be different than those on our V8V. Please double check as the 15mm front and 20mm rear might not work for your car. I know I was shopping for brake pads recently and the front pads for the V8V is different from the V12S.

Last edited by programmatore; 02-05-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:51 AM

bobsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the H&R 23mm rear for my 08 V8V. I have not installed them yet. Question. Are these just bolt on? Or do the wheel studs need to be trimmed to clear the wheels? I was hoping they are just bolt on

Bob Silver
Old 02-10-2018, 04:13 PM

Graze is on a distinguished road
Bob

if you have the wheels in your photo - the seven spoke ones, then you need to install shorter studs as they foul the back of the wheel

some other wheels have deeper 'pockets' in the rear face iof the wheel and will work ok

Graeme
Old 02-10-2018, 04:18 PM

bobsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup I do have the 7 spoke 19 wheels on my car. Shame. I thought this would be an easy bolt on project for the weekend. Oh well. Glad I asked before I ripped into it.

Bob