Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
If everyone had issues like Prefurbia, warranty companies would either be out of business or the warranty would cost 3 times as much!!!

Old 03-26-2018, 11:35 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Actually my first 2 Vantages (an 07, and an 09) had also no warranty issues - 25,000 miles on the 07, and 12,000 (approx.) on the 09. The 07 had the belt issue most had and most fixed, and then no issues whatsoever, and the 09 (42,000 total miles) had the drivers mirror motor was erratic - which if out of warranty would have been no issue. Assuming Vantages were pretty much incredibly reliable, my 2015 GT proved otherwise, amassing in 7,000 miles of ownership (first owner put 3,000 miles on it in about 6 months), quite a few issues - all big showed up that probably would have cost nearly $20,000 if the car was out of warranty. The Timeless Certified V12S I bought was obviously trashed with the number of issues it had, but the warranty when I had it, and now the 2 years warranty the new owner has, it's 23,000 miles was essentially other than the body and (most) of it's interior, and most computers, the transaxle, and shocks, pretty much everything else has been replaced with new parts! My replacement (V12S), a non-trashed locally owned seems to be rock solid so far. Some shrunken leather replaced under warranty, and a loose hood latch is being fixed this week.
For the most part, I think the odds of owning a Vantage without issues which would render the extra cost of the warranty a waste of $$ is pretty high. The V8 GT I had showed me that there are Vantages that have many problems. The V12S I bought was a deceptive sale from the Chicago Dealer who knew the cars history but lied and claimed they had no idea after I began to uncover evidence. However, the systems AM has in place easily allows for this deception to take place. The insurance against having a situation like the rare AM with regular and expensive problems is the warranty.

A short comment on non-factory warranties. I had bought a few used cars in the past with so called third party warranties from large new car dealerships buying from their used car departments. As I signed the 'warranty' documents I always felt I'd be ripped off, yet all these cars had issues, some the warranty was more than the repairs in cost, others, the warranty less. None of these 3rd party claims were handled with any problems, and all went smoothly - better than expected. Not sure if I was lucky, or these companies are actually legit.