Just did a PPI on a 2010 Vantage. Need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Mason Liang is an unknown quantity at this point
Just did a PPI on a 2010 Vantage. Need advice

Hi,
I am in the market looking for a used Vantage. Found a 2010
one and did the PPI at Aston Martin dealer yesterday. The PPI result indicating many repairs needed (3 pages). Are theses repairs all necessary? Should I buy other cars instead? Thanks.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:31 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
they always say bushing and stuff you can't see. if it drives well buy it and dont do any of what the recommended. PPI's are a complete waste unless your an idiot car buyer about to buy a real ****ter. That said I do them for my out of town trackday clients on CARS THEY CANT SEE IN PERSON is really only use for a PPI but a dealership doesn't want you to buy a car thats not theirs

Old 02-24-2018, 09:40 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
they always say bushing and stuff you can't see. if it drives well buy it and dont do any of what the recommended. PPI's are a complete waste unless your an idiot car buyer about to buy a real ****ter. That said I do them for my out of town trackday clients on CARS THEY CANT SEE IN PERSON is really only use for a PPI but a dealership doesn't want you to buy a car thats not theirs
I couldn't disagree more with this statement.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:44 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mason Liang
[left]Hi,
I am in the market looking for a used Vantage. Found a 2010
one and did the PPI at Aston Martin dealer yesterday. The PPI result indicating many repairs needed (3 pages). Are theses repairs all necessary? Should I buy other cars instead? Thanks.
There are alot of wear items listed, some cosmetic and a couple of small functional. No engine, transmission, chassis or major suspension problems. It looks like a slightly neglected but not abused car. I'd use the PPI for price negotiation but it doesn't look like a bad car. I would probably fix everything on the list after purchase, but most of that can be done at home.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The fuel door on my Aston(both my 2015 GT and my 2015 V12S) was fixed at Morries AM while I waited - 15 minutes each time. I did my own tail lights - I'm no mechanic by any means - did not spend more than 20 minutes labor. On the other hand I was quoted $415 to take my grill out and reinstall it when I had it bronzed... that took me 15 minutes.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
If you can use those jobs for nocking a few thousand of the price and it’s got the spec you, then go for it. Those are not serious jobs.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:46 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Ok, your looking at a 67k mile 2010 Aston Vantage.

1. Ok, most any car driven will show colored which could be said dirty fluids. So have they been changed or not. Not a bad idea to swap fluids when getting a car anyway IMHO.

2. Nothing on the "3" pages was bad so to speak. Bushings, unless they groan squeak and are causing a problem can be done when you want too. Not that they are bad. 67k miles, most likely they area couple that could use replacing. But my Range Rover needed them at 80k, so normal for cars.

3. You quantified your post by saying PAGES -3- and many repairs. I could give you three pages on a brand new Ferrari or any other high end car. So that means nothing. The details do. Things like leather shrinking or peeling a bit is totally normal for cars that have been in the sun alot and the leather not moisturized properly. They can be repaired or not. 67k miles, I wouldn't bother, run the car into the ground and enjoy it rather than piddle with things unless they are an eyesore. Then take the piece out and have a local leather guy repair. Save your money.

So maybe not a bad car. PRICE????????? You most likely can find a much lower mile car for similar asking money that doesn't have the small cosmetic issues. Just a thought.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:38 PM

Thank you all for the advices.
The car looks very beautiful with Lightning Silver Color.
Price is $43k USD.

I don’t care too much about the leather wears since it’s not a brand new. Had some Porsches and BMWs and never did a PPI before. Just freaked out when seriously considering buying an Aston Martin.

I will go ahead and buy it on Monday!

Old 02-24-2018, 01:15 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I may have missed it..... Any service records, owner's manual or signs of maintenance? You had a PPI for a reason. You are now a more informed buyer, the decision is yours. The information should help you negotiate if that's the car you want. If it's from a dealer negotiate a warranty. Nice looking car!

Old 02-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 07sportspack
I may have missed it..... Any service records, owner's manual or signs of maintenance? You had a PPI for a reason. You are now a more informed buyer, the decision is yours. The information should help you negotiate if that's the car you want. If it's from a dealer negotiate a warranty. Nice looking car!
I second this. The car MUST have comprehensive service history. Is it a Manual or SS (paddle shift). If SS then the PPI should give you an estimate of the clutch life.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Smart guy...when I bought my son and I did tons of research prior. Inspected the car from guide lines here and at Piston heads.

Then I took to a dealer for the inspection. They found the small things we missed...door seals worn...gas door needs aligned...but nothing major. Since that time we have fixed the stuff they found ourselves.

As long as you feel the list in your mind is ok and fixable ...buy and enjoy. If you are a desk only type person ...get your checkbook ready...lol

One important thought...please check with your insurance company on the rate...it can be all over the place and many companies refuse to insure Aston Martins...even thought they were built with crazy safe features by Volvo when Ford owned. I use All State with no restrictions or mileage limit with full coverage and pay less then 1000.00 a year on a 09 Vantage...

Nice color...enjoy

Old 02-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I second this. The car MUST have comprehensive service history. Is it a Manual or SS (paddle shift). If SS then the PPI should give you an estimate of the clutch life.
Yes I did read posts on the forum before. It’s a SportShift.

They checked the cluch life. 70% left. So the clutch is still in very good shape.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Aldv
Smart guy...when I bought my son and I did tons of research prior. Inspected the car from guide lines here and at Piston heads.

Then I took to a dealer for the inspection. They found the small things we missed...door seals worn...gas door needs aligned...but nothing major. Since that time we have fixed the stuff they found ourselves.

As long as you feel the list in your mind is ok and fixable ...buy and enjoy. If you are a desk only type person ...get your checkbook ready...lol

One important thought...please check with your insurance company on the rate...it can be all over the place and many companies refuse to insure Aston Martins...even thought they were built with crazy safe features by Volvo when Ford owned. I use All State with no restrictions or mileage limit with full coverage and pay less then 1000.00 a year on a 09 Vantage...

Nice color...enjoy
Thans for the insurance tip. I will check on that!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Beautiful Vantage - decent price if everything works - I'd negotiate some repairs. I had a 2009 with Sportshift - great car - modulating the gas like a manual and manually using the paddles is very enjoyable - won't go back to a manual, many disagree, but I find it raw and involving enough to be very satisfying.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:30 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mason Liang

Thans for the insurance tip. I will check on that!
I use Hagerty's for by rare 05 DB9 manual. $1400 a year no limit on miles. I have had Nationwide who is co-owned for 30 years, so sticking with them in case something happens that is questionable. That way I wont worry. But Grundy's is another members here in Cali have mentioned.

Looks nice, As you will read here, I would say the V8 V is a much better car than a Porsche. They are at least just as reliable if not more IMHO. Just plan on that price plummeting if you mileage it up towards 90k in a few years.

Plenty of tips on here for your maintenance if your so declined.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just did a PPI on a 2010 Vantage. Need advice