Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPhone X bluetooth integration?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Peter Wang is an unknown quantity at this point
iPhone X bluetooth integration?

I recently upgraded to the iPhone X and it is showing 'Unreadable' when I try to connect it to the iPod integration cable.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I'm in a 2010 model year DB9 with the 30pin iPod cable in the center console.

I've used the Bovee 1000 bluetooth adapter as well as the wired 30pin to lightning adapter manufactured by Apple, and both have worked well for the iPhone 6, 6s, and 7. Yet when I try to plug the iPhone X in, both do not work and give me the same "Unreadable" message on the display.

Do the newer Astons have this problem? Does anyone know if Apple will get this fixed? Seems like a software compatibility issue. I have no doubt the hardware can do it, but the firmware probably needs to but updated by one of the vendors, whether it be Apple or Aston.

Does anyone know if this is a problem that can be fixed at the Aston dealers in the SF Bay Area? I feel like I'm yelling at ivory towers here.

Last edited by Peter Wang; 03-20-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:37 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I too have a new iPhone X and I’m having the same issues with the integration.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:38 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is 2015 DB9 with AM adapter cable (30 pin). I use Apple's 30 pin to lightning adapter. Worked great until iOS 11. Now, 5 seconds are shaved from the beginning of every song/track. I reported to Apple and AM. Apple support called me and gathered all info (photos and logs). So far no fix from Apple. This happens with any iOS device running iOS 11. I have an old iPhone 4S (30 pin) with iOS 9.3.5. Now I am using it in my car without any issues. This seems like a software bug. I tested with iPhone 6S+ with iOS 10. No issues. iOS 11 is crappy than previous versions of iOS and only getting worst with each release.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:26 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cuddapah
Mine is 2015 DB9 with AM adapter cable (30 pin). I use Apple's 30 pin to lightning adapter. Worked great until iOS 11. Now, 5 seconds are shaved from the beginning of every song/track. I reported to Apple and AM. Apple support called me and gathered all info (photos and logs). So far no fix from Apple. This happens with any iOS device running iOS 11. I have an old iPhone 4S (30 pin) with iOS 9.3.5. Now I am using it in my car without any issues. This seems like a software bug. I tested with iPhone 6S+ with iOS 10. No issues. iOS 11 is crappy than previous versions of iOS and only getting worst with each release.
Not sure it’s getting worse, it’s certainly getting more complicated. The more complicated the more chances that everything might not work perfectly. Of the Big three (Google, Microsoft and Apple) Apple is probably the best at responding and fixing problems in their OS.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Thanks for your account, cuddapah. Your experience is very relevant to the problem at hand and confirms my suspicions that there is at least a software compatibility issue on the newer iPhones. I guess all we can do is sit and wait, unless I decide to join Apple's iOS development team myself and fix the problem in their latest mobile operating system.

Old 03-12-2018, 03:46 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
After reading your original post, I contacted Apple to find out if there is a fix for the issue. They contacted me few minutes back and said to keep the software up2date. It might be in the next major release iOS 11.3. I know it wasn't in iOS 11.3 Beta 4. Beta 5 has been released today. I will play with it in the next couple of days and post an update here. I suggest to report your issue at https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html
The more people report, the sooner the fix will come out

Old 03-12-2018, 05:50 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I am still on my iPhone 7+ but have been thinking about upgrading to the iPhone X. Maybe I'll hold off until these issues you guys are having are resolved.

My iPhone 7+ works on my 08 V8V using the Bovee Bluetooth adapter, and wired using a combination of the Scosche charging adapter + Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter. Well, it was working up until the last version of iOS. I'll have to test it with the latest version (I installed it already but haven't driven the V8V since) to maybe help you guys diagnose if it is in fact the latest iOS or the combination of the latest iOS + iPhone X.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:14 PM
pynhead is an unknown quantity at this point
I just purchased a 2011 Rapide and have been struggling with the challenge of getting my iphone X to stream music from my Spotify app through the 30-pin ipod cable with the Bovee 1000 adapter. After combing through previous threads on this point i finally thought i'd give a previous recommendation a try. That recommendation was to be sure to have the "apple music" application on my iphone X and loaded with at least 1 song through iTunes. I had the same issue everyone else seems to be having after plugging the Bovee 1000 into my 30-pin adapter. My iphone X was not being recognized. It is finally working (as of yesterday) after a bit of trial and error.

Just to walk you through my process a bit (which still does not make 100% sense to me but it is working so i'm just going with it) i grabbed an old ipod nano with the 30-pin native connector and plugged it in to confirm that the cable itself was working (as i mentioned this is a new car to me so i wanted to start with the basics) and the ipod worked perfectly. I then re-inserted the Bovee 1000 into the 30-pin cable and i got the same response (ipod not recognized) I took my iphone X back into the house and sync'd it with my itunes account...and added a single song to the library on my iphone X and came back out to the garage to try again. Once i connected the iphone X with the Bovee i opened my Apple Music app and played that one song. For some reason...this action triggered my device into being recognized and that particular song was able to be played. I then switched over to my Spotify app and it was also recognized by the Aston's media system. I am even able to use the toggle control to move to the next song within the Spotify app and i can see the track # being played on the Aston's control screen.

I've shut the car off and restarted the system playing music from Spotify app and it no longer seems to have any issues sync'ing up....so there's clearly something about having an active and loaded "Apple Music" app on your iPhone X that is the catalyst for this to start working.

I hope it works for everyone else as well. Good luck with yours!

Old 03-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Benoded is on a distinguished road
I have a 2008 Aton martin Vantage and I use the Bovee 1000 bluetooth adapter with my IPhone X it works perfectly. I'm on iPhone software 11.2.6

Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM
I was able to run some tests with iPhone X with iOS 11.2.6.

When I first bought iPhone X, i repeatedly got 'this accessory is not supported' message. After several retries, this message went away. But shaved 10-20 seconds from beginning of each song. I reported this to Apple and the rest is in my previous posts. Today, I can confirm that I don't get 'this accessory is not supported' message anymore. But 10-20 seconds from beginning of each song is still shaved. It is very annoying.

I ran another test with iPhone 6S+ with latest iOS 11.3 Beta 5. I didn't get 'this accessory is not supported' message. But 10-20 seconds from beginning of each song is still getting shaved. Hope they fix this by the time iOS 11.3 is released.

No issues with iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.5.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:52 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Apple...rotten to the core😉

Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
Apple...rotten to the core😉
+1
We customers are their testers

Old 03-16-2018, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by pynhead
I just purchased a 2011 Rapide and have been struggling with the challenge of getting my iphone X to stream music from my Spotify app through the 30-pin ipod cable with the Bovee 1000 adapter. After combing through previous threads on this point i finally thought i'd give a previous recommendation a try. That recommendation was to be sure to have the "apple music" application on my iphone X and loaded with at least 1 song through iTunes. I had the same issue everyone else seems to be having after plugging the Bovee 1000 into my 30-pin adapter. My iphone X was not being recognized. It is finally working (as of yesterday) after a bit of trial and error.

Just to walk you through my process a bit (which still does not make 100% sense to me but it is working so i'm just going with it) i grabbed an old ipod nano with the 30-pin native connector and plugged it in to confirm that the cable itself was working (as i mentioned this is a new car to me so i wanted to start with the basics) and the ipod worked perfectly. I then re-inserted the Bovee 1000 into the 30-pin cable and i got the same response (ipod not recognized) I took my iphone X back into the house and sync'd it with my itunes account...and added a single song to the library on my iphone X and came back out to the garage to try again. Once i connected the iphone X with the Bovee i opened my Apple Music app and played that one song. For some reason...this action triggered my device into being recognized and that particular song was able to be played. I then switched over to my Spotify app and it was also recognized by the Aston's media system. I am even able to use the toggle control to move to the next song within the Spotify app and i can see the track # being played on the Aston's control screen.

I've shut the car off and restarted the system playing music from Spotify app and it no longer seems to have any issues sync'ing up....so there's clearly something about having an active and loaded "Apple Music" app on your iPhone X that is the catalyst for this to start working.

I hope it works for everyone else as well. Good luck with yours!
I think we have a winner! I will give this a try, and see what I come up with. Your story gives me hope. Everyone else, please do hold on for an update. In any case, thanks for your post pynhead. That's a first!

Old 03-20-2018, 04:40 PM
That was the ticket. I loaded a single song onto the iPhone and the vehicle read the phone correctly. Thanks again, pynhead. Your solution worked!

Old 03-20-2018, 04:54 PM
pynhead is an unknown quantity at this point
That's great news @PeterWang. It was a very small but deeply satisfying solve for me as well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPhone X bluetooth integration?