Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone done their ski-slope panel in Tamo Ash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 01:39 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is also metal but more with little dimple and grey, it came standard with the car but mine had a dent in it so I replaced it

Old 04-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I like the wood grains in an Aston

Call me old school, but after having three Lagonda's I think a proper English car should have leather and real wood... and a hot chick.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Series4_Panel1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	523483   Click image for larger version

Name:	AdriInLag.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	523484  
Old 04-04-2018, 03:51 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Call me old school, .
OK, from now on I'll call you old school!

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
What's a microspin finish?
It's my favorite. If it was larger you'd just call it Machine Turned or Engine Turned, but since it's small circles Micro Spin is catchy. Mine left Gaydon with the Prism panel.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 04-04-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Getting the Tamo Ash installed today on the 2015 V12S - anyone interested in slightly used Piano Black Ski slope PM me.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:59 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Just so everyone knows, is it auto or manual, with or without NAV.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Nav with sportshift (all 2015 V12S are sportshifts)

Old 04-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Quick Picture

The ash panel (not the best shot) installed...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AshPanel.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	523925  
Old 04-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Looks great and a really nice contrast to your interior. I've been considering something similar, perhaps a Mercedes-like black wood, to change over my piano black.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hedged
Looks great and a really nice contrast to your interior. I've been considering something similar, perhaps a Mercedes-like black wood, to change over my piano black.
let me know of you find something like this... want something dark and grainy. piano black is not my favorite and i was thinking abhor a wrap but if they're aren't that expensive, I'd like to go for the real thing

Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MRCW
let me know of you find something like this... want something dark and grainy. piano black is not my favorite and i was thinking abhor a wrap but if they're aren't that expensive, I'd like to go for the real thing
me too, BMW and Mercedes do a 'dark ash grain wood' console and I would totally buy something like that, especially if its only $275

Last edited by sonies; 04-13-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:37 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Call me a contrarian but my Volcano red manual 14'V8V has a black interior with piano black trim. Love it

Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 AM
I think most Aston owners like the Piano Black, but since I'm from the past era, I really like the woods and tan leathers (unfortunately most V12S used are black leather). I think the Tamo Ash goes particularly well with the yellow stiching.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
The trouble with piano black is that it only looks good on publicity photos. In real life, it is a magnifying glass for dust and swirl marks.

I can't understand why matte finish wood or open pore wood hasn't caught on with more manufacturers. I agree that some of the Mercedes offerings are quite nice. Maserati does a nice open pore wood, too. BMW persists in offering only high gloss options, even on their Individual wood trims. AFAIK, even Bentley and Rolls typically offer only high gloss finishes. Like piano black, they show dust and swirls too easily. The other problem is that they are so reflective, you often can't appreciate the underlying beauty of the wood grain!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:25 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If you have black or gray leather with piano black it looks good. But likes to crack, starts at the top corners of the navigation cut out. No navigation and aluminum or carbon in a matte finish is the way to go. Wood grain finishes go good with earth tone leathers and contrasting stitching.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:06 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
My piano black navigation cutout had a fine crack in it when new. It was replaced under warranty.
Any idea why these cracks occurs?

Last edited by larryg; 04-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.