Aston Gearbox Components

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor
HCF Autosport is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Gearbox Components

Good evening!

We recently became forum sponsors and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce ourselves to the Aston community here. We've been predominately supplying gearbox and drivetrain components to shops and rebuilders, but thought it made sense to put forward a more public face. We have a few product lines, including OEM replacement components, motorsports/performance components and a kevlar clutch rebuilding program.

Within the Aston line, we support with OEM parts the Graziano gearboxes in the V8 Vantage, Vantage S, DBS and DB9 platforms. We've seen more synchros and R&P replacements on these cars lately and wanted to share that we can help with replacements for these parts.

Our website is www.hcfautoparts.com and we welcome any inquiries at HCFParts@gmail.com

Many thanks for allowing us to be part of this community!

Best regards,
John

Old 05-11-2018, 12:45 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Welcome! It's good to know I know where my Graziano will go when the first gear synchro gets bad!.

On the 512 clutch, 6 years and .5mm wear is outstanding, but that has to be a paddle car and not a manual? Be nice to know the mileage and not just time but it doesn't seem the car was babied! Do you have any real on a manual driven hard?

Also it would be great if you could have them in stock and core swap because there's no time when your car in at the shop on a lift to send it out.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Former Vendor
HCF Autosport is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello! Synchros are easy - and in stock!

On the 512 - that is, in fact, a manual transmission car. Ferrari didn't offer an automated option on the 512TR's, and the F1 systems of that era were a little rough on clutches. The owner asked we not include mileage and blur trans case numbers to avoid linking back to him - but he's a regular and aggressive driver of the car. We just did a near full replacement of the internals on that same customer's gearbox. Everything from the prop shaft, main transmission shaft, all 5 forward gear sets + reverse and our LSD. That's his assembly down at the bottom of the main page in the replacement components gallery. He says the car has been transformed.

Regarding clutches - we offer a clutch package (flywheel/pp/discs) for the Superlite we have some datapoints on in a 700hp application with this Kevlar and, albeit with limited mileage thus far, they've been great. Kevlar won't take the same abuse as Ceramic, but for street driven cars where smooth engagement is desirable, it's hard to beat.

I'm not opposed to stocking replacement components for the Aston, if there's interest - but we can also accommodate pretty quick turnarounds with a rebuild of the OEM clutch/PP in Kevlar at a more attractive price. Please contact me privately for more details.
Best,
John

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Welcome! It's good to know I know where my Graziano will go when the first gear synchro gets bad!.

On the 512 clutch, 6 years and .5mm wear is outstanding, but that has to be a paddle car and not a manual? Be nice to know the mileage and not just time but it doesn't seem the car was babied! Do you have any real on a manual driven hard?

Also it would be great if you could have them in stock and core swap because there's no time when your car in at the shop on a lift to send it out.

Last edited by HCF Autosport; 05-11-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: removed pricing per moderator request
Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's encouraging to know you can get that kind of life out of the disc even when used hard.

In reality I think you'll have a high multiple of business for clutches if you have it in stock as opposed to having to send ours in for conversion. When you go in to have a clutch installed the dealer isn't going to want to tie up a lift while you take your clutch to send out and have converted. They want all the parts to do the job in hand when they start the job so the only way that'll work is if you have converted parts on the shelf to sell and accept the core back after the job.