Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Will these Sports pack wheels fit my DB9?

Old 05-23-2018, 05:20 AM
donzikid is an unknown quantity at this point
Will these Sports pack wheels fit my DB9?

I have a 2005 DB9 coupe. Will these Sports pack wheels fit my car?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222976230158

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-23-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Yup. Have never seen or even heard of these wheels being factory polished. Would've said that's probably BS, but there it is on the box.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:34 AM
Ok, thanks. They look nice!

Old 05-23-2018, 09:05 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by donzikid
I have a 2005 DB9 coupe. Will these Sports pack wheels fit my car?
Yes they will, but why??? Polished will be a pain to keep clean unless they have a clear coat over the finish.

Check out BCForged, they are located in Orlando area, but for that kind of money, you can or could choose what you want from them. RedPants can set you up with what you need also. I wouldn't pay 4k for factory wheels ever. Just IMO the forged aftermarket are much better. Hope this helps a bit. Here is a pic of my DB9 with BC Forged wheels.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:44 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
[QUOTE=donzikid;4717503]I have a 2005 DB9 coupe. Will these Sports pack wheels fit my car?
]

They'll definitely fit.

I'm not a fan of the polished finish, but that's subjective.

I am impressed with how light these wheels are for their size. I have stock Enkei 18's on another car and had become accommodated to the weight of that size wheel. When I first took a wheel off the Aston, I had to recalibrate my brain because it was so much lighter than I expected.

I really like the style of these wheels, the only down side is that the opening between the split spokes can be hard to reach into for cleaning.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-23-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Yes they will, but why??? Polished will be a pain to keep clean unless they have a clear coat over the finish.

Check out BCForged, they are located in Orlando area, but for that kind of money, you can or could choose what you want from them. RedPants can set you up with what you need also. I wouldn't pay 4k for factory wheels ever. Just IMO the forged aftermarket are much better. Hope this helps a bit. Here is a pic of my DB9 with BC Forged wheels.

Thanks guys! Nice looking indeed. Where did you get the rear spoiler?

Old 05-23-2018, 10:41 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
On Ebay the same seller is selling a DB9 with a silver set installed.. Looks nice. I agree with all here that I personally wouldn't spend $4k on OEM wheels, BUT there are buyers who like OEM and it may be an asset come resale time for the car... I have to assume if those are legit 'polished' OEM wheels... they would have a clear coat on them. In which case they'd be fine... and on the right color DB9 would look very good.

GL

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 05-23-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
On Ebay the same seller is selling a DB9 with a silver set installed.. Looks nice. I agree with all here that I personally wouldn't spend $4k on OEM wheels, BUT there are buyers who like OEM and it may be an asset come resale time for the car... I have to assume if those are legit 'polished' OEM wheels... they would have a clear coat on them. In which case they'd be fine... and on the right color DB9 would look very good.

GL
The DB9 he is selling looks nice too, maybe I should make him a package offer on both! :P

Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The factory polished wheels should be clear coated as well, no? If not, I would clear coat them.

I would always go for an OEM wheel over aftermarket. Not a fan of visible aftermarket parts.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:57 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Why not go for these instead? They look nicer in my eyes: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4713839

Old 05-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Why not go for these instead? They look nicer in my eyes: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4713839
Yes, the sportspack wheels are factory clear coated. I'm not really liking the Virage wheels...also, they are not staggered like the original wheels on my car.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
The DB9 he is selling looks nice too, maybe I should make him a package offer on both! :P
when i bought my vantage, the seller thru in a set of sport pack wheels...i have those and a nice set of 20" satin black on the car now. .

Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Yes, the sportspack wheels are factory clear coated. I'm not really liking the Virage wheels...also, they are not staggered like the original wheels on my car.
Are you sure they are not staggered? They are OEM and should be... Do you mean with or diameter?

Old 05-23-2018, 04:01 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Are you sure they are not staggered? They are OEM and should be... Do you mean with or diameter?
I am pretty sure the Virage wheels are staggered sized.

But Question---- Do the Virage wheels fit?????? I thought I remember someone posting they dont. But I might be confusing the Vanquish a bit here. But I would make sure before purchasing.

Also----Sppedracer800 always has a set of wheels on hand for a DB9 that he will sell. Might be a listing now for them. Check with him though first.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I am pretty sure the Virage wheels are staggered sized.

But Question---- Do the Virage wheels fit?????? I thought I remember someone posting they dont. But I might be confusing the Vanquish a bit here. But I would make sure before purchasing.

Also----Sppedracer800 always has a set of wheels on hand for a DB9 that he will sell. Might be a listing now for them. Check with him though first.
Yes
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-there.html

I never knew these existed in polished, but I would greatly prefer the diamond turned. The way they catch and reflect light is magical.

And fully agree at how light they are, which means, they do get bent on potholes. I had to replace it after they screwed up the fix.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Will these Sports pack wheels fit my DB9?