Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

06 DB9 high mileage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
oppiefive is on a distinguished road
06 DB9 high mileage

Hello to the board..

I have recently located a well serviced 06 DB9 with 63k on the odometer. Are there any specific issues that I should look for?
Do these cars hold up well at “advanced age”?
Asking price is 39k...how much lower can it go?

thanks

Peter

Old 08-02-2018, 07:25 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Hi Peter, Coils and plugs should have been done on the 30-35K mile time frame. Are maintenance records available to you? If you know where it was serviced, stop in and talk with someone there. Is the leather in good condition? Yes, they are known to hold up with reasonable care. Has there been any paint work? You could get a PPI and Car fax. As far as price- Seems priced to sell, whats the seller motivation? Good luck with you shopping!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:35 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by oppiefive
Hello to the board..

I have recently located a well serviced 06 DB9 with 63k on the odometer. Are there any specific issues that I should look for?
Do these cars hold up well at “advanced age”?
Asking price is 39k...how much lower can it go?

thanks

Peter
The biggest question in my mind would be if there are complete and accurate service records. Has the car had an annual service at a Aston Martin dealer. If the car is a one owner, dealer serviced, accident free car, it's probably a fair price.

If they did their own work, or used an independent shop I would want to make sure that it was really done and are there any deferred maintenance items lurking?

Tires, battery, brakes, rotors, suspension, transmission lines, can add up quick especially if you have the dealer do the service work.

Any paint work or accidents would further diminish the value.

Too many owners would also be a potential red flag.

Has the car been tracked? Or just someone's daily driver?

You can buy one for a lot less, but unless you know the full story it's hard to judge the price.

Mark

Old 08-03-2018, 11:21 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
If it is a volente, look at rear window, they will come unsealed over time. Also, have a PPI done and ask them to look at the window regulators, timing chain cover and valve covers for oil leaks, these are expensive to fix. I have 60k on mine and the gas cap door release are known to seize, I am about to install my second one in 2 1/2 yrs, it was bad when I bought mine. Mine is pretty much my DD and they like to be driven, change all fluids including tranny fluid, don't you believe the fluid lasts forever. Also there is a sensor in the tranny that the seal is prone to leakage. Make sure to work the top 4-5 times (if volente) to make sure it functions correctly.

If you live in a place with lots of rain, have them check the cabin and engine bay fuse boxes for corrosion, apparently they are known to corrode. Taillights will get moisture in them, that is a fact of life, also see if the recalls have been done on the car.

Good luck!

Randy