Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Diagnostic software for Vantage ASM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:20 AM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Diagnostic software for Vantage ASM

I sold my vantage a while back. My friend has a ASM V8 vantage with gearbox issues and I'd like to help him with it. What software is out there for diagnostics?

Also, is the ASM Vantage just like the Italians where you need special software to perform clutch relearn, clutch PIS, clutch bleed, ASM hydraulic bleed, etc? If so, who makes good software.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2018, 11:04 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
clutch relearn and bleeding is pretty easy and no software or diagnostics needed for that.

ASM is controlled by software that can only be updated with Aston diagnostics and it can also read rudimentary clutch wear.

My shifting improved when the software was updated...

clutches are the weak spot on these cars

Old 09-19-2018, 01:57 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
What is it doing or not doing? Best thing is have the dealer check for codes and clutch life. Could be anything from a brake switch to new clutch. It's not worth the investment to get codes yourself with software.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by J doubleU
What is it doing or not doing? Best thing is have the dealer check for codes and clutch life. Could be anything from a brake switch to new clutch. It's not worth the investment to get codes yourself with software.
I haven't seen the car personally yet but it sounds like it it is stuck in gear and wont go into neutral.

So only the fancy Aston software can perform diagnostics?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I have a Foxwell NT510 with the Aston specific software. It's supposed to talk to the gearbox computer, but since I have a manual, I am unable to test.... It's not a very expensive scanner, so might be worth a shot. (~180 on Amazon, so way less than a dealer visit )

Matt

Old 09-20-2018, 11:58 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
System codes really do not help, start with the basics. (this one is free!) No gear selection, you should make sure you have fluid and most important hyd. pump operation. If you open the drivers door (make sure vehicle battery is good) you should hear the pump come on for a few seconds 3-5.