Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally picked up a V8V!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:39 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Please post a you tube of the new sound with that x pipe thing, I'm on the edge of my seat ��

Old 05-08-2019, 02:51 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Please post a you tube of the new sound with that x pipe thing, I'm on the edge of my seat ��
The only video I have of the exhaust as of now. I'll work on getting a good one soon!

Old 05-08-2019, 04:06 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting, nice vid bit drawn out till we get to the action. I made comments under the tube. You guys have some nice cars that side
love wot yiou are doing with your car

Old 05-09-2019, 06:59 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of

Really nice car - but not complete, sorry to say. I had a 2009 with a SportShift also and much preferred it over my 2007 with a 6-speed manual. But all the mods are fine, but don't forget the most important one, which will cost you about $25 and take 3 minutes of your time to complete. This mod consists of 4 polished parts that you strategically place in sight as you and your guest passengers enter the cabin. They can be purchased on E-Bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-rover-...YAAOSwxg5XxvXz

As soon as I sent the deposit on my current V12S last month, and all my previous Vantages - I ordered this accessory shown above (seat switch covers).

Old 05-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by FR500GT
The only video I have of the exhaust as of now. I'll work on getting a good one soon!
Great video! I really enjoyed every second!

I would love to get a meet and cruise here in FL together.

The white 4.7l mans trans, is that the one what went from Dallas to Albuquerque to a guy in CA who sold it basically right after purchase?
I think some forum sponsor grabbed the car after that.
However long story short, I was close to purchase that car when it was for sale in Albuquerque when was on the hunt but decided on my Vantage I own now.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Really nice car - but not complete, sorry to say. I had a 2009 with a SportShift also and much preferred it over my 2007 with a 6-speed manual. But all the mods are fine, but don't forget the most important one, which will cost you about $25 and take 3 minutes of your time to complete. This mod consists of 4 polished parts that you strategically place in sight as you and your guest passengers enter the cabin. They can be purchased on E-Bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Land-rover-...YAAOSwxg5XxvXz

As soon as I sent the deposit on my current V12S last month, and all my previous Vantages - I ordered this accessory shown above (seat switch covers).
Any reason or relevance for this post?

Old 05-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
No real thought other than the switch covers make the interior a bit more finished than plastic switches - everything else is so nice - it's the cheapest upgrade thing you can do and takes a minute. That's all - I found out about this many years ago on this site - just sharing if your modifying your cars - even if your not.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:37 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
The eBay link doesn’t work, is there another one? Do they just install on the regular switches and stick on with double sided tape?

Old 06-07-2019, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty happy with the current status of my Project Aston build. It's come a long way over the last 8 months and I finally had the time to take a few photos.

For those of you that have been asking for more info on the mods:

- GT3 Hood w/ Aerocatch Latches
- GT4 Challenge Rear Section Exhaust
- Apex Race Parts SM10 Wheels (19x10 ET40)(19x11 ET52)
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires (265/35)(305/30)
- BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Springs
- GMG Racing Alignment
- Carbontastic Challenge Paddle Shifters
- Challenge Grill Delete
- PFS Satin Black Vinyl Wrap
- Glanz Ceramic Coated

Last edited by FR500GT; 06-07-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:39 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
looks incredible!!!

Old 06-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Wow

the completed car looks like a serious weapon - well done

and that exhaust (or lack of) must be LOUD!!!!

enjoy & thanks for posting

Graze

Old 06-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Former Vendor
APEXRaceParts is an unknown quantity at this point
Proud to be a part of this build, Jason. What a machine this turned out to be!

Looking forward to seeing this car out on track where it belongs.

- Ryan

Old 06-07-2019, 05:44 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
those paddles are HUGE! lol

Old 06-09-2019, 07:46 AM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful car. Please post up some track videos.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Very very nice!! Bravo for you!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally picked up a V8V!