I finally picked up a V8V! - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

I finally picked up a V8V!

  #1  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM
FR500GT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 184
Rep Power: 14
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
I finally picked up a V8V!

Hey guys after searching all over the country for a V8 Vantage, I was finally able to source a car in my own city! I just picked up a 2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 4.7 Sportshift 16k miles black on black. Pretty much exactly what I wanted from the start. I went back and forth between the 4.3 with a manual transmission or a 4.7 with the Sportshift and was really hoping that I would hate the Sportshift but I didn't. The car is completely stock with the exception of a newly installed clutch from AM and 20" Forgiato wheels (which I will be selling). Just needs a good paint correction and the common passenger side dash issue addressed but other than that it's the perfect candidate for a clean GT4-Street build. The plan is to do coilovers, brakes, wheels/tires, GT4 hood, grill, front lip, GT3 style rear diffuser and fixed wing, wrap, exhaust, fixed seats, etc. I look forward to finally participating in this AM section as an official owner!

I'll be starting a documented build on here in the next couple of weeks but here are a few pictures of how she currently sits:











 

Last edited by FR500GT; 10-11-2018 at 02:33 PM.
  #2  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Graze's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Age: 61
Posts: 278
Rep Power: 15
Graze will become famous soon enoughGraze will become famous soon enough
congrats on the purchase

thats one very tidy looking car

will watch your build thread with interest

Graeme
 
  #3  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 135
Rep Power: 13
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful! Enjoy it.
 
  #4  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:00 PM
J doubleU's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 753
Rep Power: 39
J doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the rough
Very nice one to start with, low miles and looks clean. +1 on ditching the wheels.
 
  #5  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 33
Posts: 83
Rep Power: 0
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FR500GT View Post
Hey guys after searching all over the country for a V8 Vantage, I was finally able to source a car in my own city! I just picked up a 2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 4.7 Sportshift 16k miles black on black. Pretty much exactly what I wanted from the start. I went back and forth between the 4.3 with a manual transmission or a 4.7 with the Sportshift and was really hoping that I would hate the Sportshift but I didn't. The car is completely stock with the exception of a newly installed clutch from AM and 20" Forgiato wheels (which I will be selling). Just needs a good paint correction and the common passenger side dash issue addressed but other than that it's the perfect candidate for a clean GT4-Street build. The plan is to do coilovers, brakes, wheels/tires, GT4 hood, grill, front lip, GT3 style rear diffuser and fixed wing, wrap, exhaust, fixed seats, etc. I look forward to finally participating in this AM section as an official owner!

I'll be starting a documented build on here in the next couple of weeks but here are a few pictures of how she currently sits:

So when you say GT3 rear diffuser- this is what we're talking about? It's very similar to the GT8 which I'm seriously considering doing a build of (since it doesn't get sold in the US). Your only 50 miles from me (San Diego here). Subscribed!




 
  #6  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:07 PM
pearsonhaus's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 75
Rep Power: 12
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Beautiful car, sans the wheels!
 
  #7  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:51 AM
handyman2009's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 54
Posts: 1,045
Rep Power: 53
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the purchase and good luck on the build
 
  #8  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Gene G's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 70
Posts: 971
Rep Power: 53
Gene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations! I like black Paint on an Aston because they do such a great job painting. It is going to look amazing after paint correction.
 
  #9  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Eagle Creek Or
Age: 61
Posts: 362
Rep Power: 17
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful - I agree the wheels detract form such a beautiful car. The grey on the rear valance just does not fit that beautiful black. The grill looks great against the black. Congrats.

A wing?

chr
 
  #10  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM
sonies's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Age: 39
Posts: 715
Rep Power: 38
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
looks good! I was just in the OC last week Missing the weather there for sure

Looking forward to the build and I also would ditch those horrible rims
 
  #11  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:32 PM
FR500GT's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 184
Rep Power: 14
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
Thanks all! And yes the 20" Forgiato wheels will be the first to go (if anyone wants them with good tires for a good price).

Originally Posted by bolteon View Post
So when you say GT3 rear diffuser- this is what we're talking about? It's very similar to the GT8 which I'm seriously considering doing a build of (since it doesn't get sold in the US). Your only 50 miles from me (San Diego here). Subscribed!
Not sure yet on the style wing but the GT8 is a car that does inspire a lot of ideas. For the rear diffuser, we were thinking of something like the AM Vulcan or like the Ferrari 458 GT3 Challenge cars.





Originally Posted by era2076 View Post
Beautiful - I agree the wheels detract form such a beautiful car. The grey on the rear valance just does not fit that beautiful black. The grill looks great against the black. Congrats.

A wing?

chr
Yessir, still debating on how we want to go about this. Will do wheels and suspension first, then start thinking about a front splitter, rear diffuser and wing.
 

Last edited by FR500GT; 10-16-2018 at 08:56 PM.
  #12  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:35 AM
brightoncorgi's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 800
Rep Power: 47
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gene G View Post
Congratulations! I like black Paint on an Aston because they do such a great job painting. It is going to look amazing after paint correction.
Indeed. I did some paint correction on my Onyx Black and it's really wow. Very impressive paint job.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mindscape9
Aston Martin
23
08-15-2014 11:39 AM
irvineboy
Aston Martin
25
08-20-2012 10:29 PM
CTP855
Aston Martin
12
06-17-2011 01:28 PM
PeterW
Aston Martin
22
03-26-2011 09:03 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally picked up a V8V!


Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.