Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally picked up a V8V!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 02:10 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
those paddles are HUGE! lol
That's the one thing that's overkill IMO, but understand if you're tracking this and need to shift during a turn.. overall looks

Old 06-17-2019, 11:00 AM
Stone_05 is on a distinguished road
Amazing build. I've been leaning towards an AM to add to my stable. Great mods on this one and I actually like the large paddle shifters. Excellent job!

Old 06-19-2019, 12:23 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by goto35
looks incredible!!!
Thanks you!

Originally Posted by Graze
Wow

the completed car looks like a serious weapon - well done

and that exhaust (or lack of) must be LOUD!!!!

enjoy & thanks for posting

Graze
The car is loud but in a good way!

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
Proud to be a part of this build, Jason. What a machine this turned out to be!

Looking forward to seeing this car out on track where it belongs.

- Ryan
Thanks dude, couldn't have done it without you guys!

Originally Posted by sonies
those paddles are HUGE! lol
Massive lol

Originally Posted by thnxbabe
Beautiful car. Please post up some track videos.
Heading up to Laguna Seca next weekend!

Originally Posted by pearsonhaus
Very very nice!! Bravo for you!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by MRCW
That's the one thing that's overkill IMO, but understand if you're tracking this and need to shift during a turn.. overall looks
Functional was the goal but the looks of the extended paddles doesn't hurt either!

Originally Posted by Stone_05
Amazing build. I've been leaning towards an AM to add to my stable. Great mods on this one and I actually like the large paddle shifters. Excellent job!
Thank you! And yes join the AM team...I love these cars and modding them is even more fun!

Old 06-23-2019, 11:59 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing car.

Would love to hear the exhaust and see some stand alone videos on it as I am in the market for doing something to the exhaust.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:30 AM
yeedle is on a distinguished road
Think I saw you at Laguna Seca a couple weekends ago. Your car sounded really good coming down the straight :O

Your car looked so damn good that I came on here to read/learn more about them and now I'm thinking about selling my vette to pick up a V8S.

Old 07-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ksa
Amazing car.

Would love to hear the exhaust and see some stand alone videos on it as I am in the market for doing something to the exhaust.
Here is a video my buddy shot at Laguna:

And of course a few more pictures of the setup:

Originally Posted by yeedle
Think I saw you at Laguna Seca a couple weekends ago. Your car sounded really good coming down the straight :O

Your car looked so damn good that I came on here to read/learn more about them and now I'm thinking about selling my vette to pick up a V8S.
Haha yep that was me, thanks! I wish I could have made a solid run without needing to lift at the sound station but maybe next time I'll try adding some LS tips. These cars are REALLY capable with simple mods and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Laguna Seca with this car. Up next is Chuckwalla in a couple months. If you have any questions regarding the Aston platform feel free to ask!

Old 07-16-2019, 07:50 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Nice video. Let me know when you go to Chuckwalla. I want to go too.

Alan

Old 07-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by E5PR1T
Nice video. Let me know when you go to Chuckwalla. I want to go too.

Alan
Will do Alan! Maybe an AM track day is in our future for the next gathering..

Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Any updates to this beast?? This is an awesome build! I'll be pulling the trigger on a AM within the next couple months to add to the stable. I'm looking for a manual, but I was wondering how you feel about the paddle shifts. Are they precise or is there lag? Thanks.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Stone_05
Any updates to this beast?? This is an awesome build! I'll be pulling the trigger on a AM within the next couple months to add to the stable. I'm looking for a manual, but I was wondering how you feel about the paddle shifts. Are they precise or is there lag? Thanks.
No updates, just enjoying her! I love the car as is so no more changes or mods will happen. I also think I might try to save up for the new Vantage and attempt an even more epic build. If so, this car will be for sale in the next couple of months!

To answer your question, I originally planned to buy this car in ONLY manual but after driving both I actually liked the Sportshift better. It's definitely not the smoothest shifting at low speed and you should drive it as if it were a manual (slightly let off the gas between shifts) but driving a single clutch at WOT is super rewarding and an absolute blast! Overall, if I did it again, I still would choose the Sportshift transmission and with the extended carbon paddles, it's still one of my favorite features of driving the car. Watch the videos of me shifting on the front straight at Laguna to see how the shifts are a full WOT!

Last edited by FR500GT; 09-25-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:04 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I agree - it's sooo easy to blast the sportshift, but once you use it as intended, it changes your thoughts about a clutch pedal. A few years back, after a 2009 and a 2015 V8 Sportshift, leased a 2015 Mustang as a daily driver with a stick. Absolutely hated it! The C8 Vette, I'm on the list for as a daily driver to my V12S (Sportshift) has a dual clutch auto. I hope it's close to the Aston sportshift more than a conventional auto and I can actually use the paddles the same way.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 PM
Some great rollers captured

Old 09-30-2019, 08:33 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Great pictures and very nice car!

Old 09-30-2019, 09:32 PM
🔥🔥🔥 awesome shots!

Old 10-01-2019, 04:21 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Jason,

noticed that you were missing that blade in the rear bumper... did you just remove it or missing it.... Very nice looking Vantage, a weapon like some people said

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally picked up a V8V!