Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How the front of the new Vantage should look

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:43 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
How the front of the new Vantage should look

Much better than the mesh

Old 10-12-2018, 07:31 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
IMO - a tremendous improvement.

chr

Old 10-12-2018, 08:19 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The DB10 is just generally better looking than the Vantage.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:57 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
They should have given James the keys to the Wolf and released the 10 as the new V8V instead!

Old 10-13-2018, 02:36 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
Ok, somewhat better - however, as long as the uppermost part of the grille does not extend above the front edge, it will always look odd.

Thomas

Old 10-15-2018, 08:10 AM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's still ugly. It's a dumb smile with bad plastic surgery.

They were much better off following the front lines from the previous generation of cars.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I wholeheartedly disagree. And not because I think the new Vantage is good looking, but because the DB10 is hideous.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I think it should look like this:

Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I think it should look like this:

That's a good look too!

Old 08-26-2019, 03:02 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I had a chance to see the DB10 next to the previous Vantage and thought the previous Vantage looked in some ways busier (more seams) but better - but the 20" wheels fill the wheel wells much better than the previous models which does make a difference (and why I added wheel spacers to my V12S). Still the new interior is a mess compared to the older ones. With newer cars coming out with incredible displays and cool designs at much lower prices (C*, most Mercedes, Porsche Tacan, etc.) Aston has to do something and fast.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I did kinda like the DB10 gauges...

Old 08-31-2019, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
With newer cars coming out with incredible displays and cool designs at much lower prices (C*, most Mercedes, Porsche Tacan, etc.) Aston has to do something and fast.
Why didn't Aston maintain the counter clockwise tach on the DB11? I assume the new Vantage is the same in that regard?

Old 09-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I think Andy Palmer wanted to put his signature on the line - it's no mistake that the DB11 launch addition black roof had a Nissan Maxima look which I thought took away from the elegance and cheapened the car. When my local dealer came back from a Vantage preview they told me I would not like what I was going to see, that the car was more like the Vulcan than the DB10. Edsel wanted to put his signature on the Ford brand - look how well that ended out. The really cool stuff of the most successful era - the DB9 and Vantage should have carried forward - the clean lines, and elegance - both inside and out - the DB11 does better, the Vantage - yuk.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I like the mesh much better. The horizontal bars don't do it for me.