Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide boot / trunk questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 11:51 PM
rajiggyfizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Rapide boot / trunk questions!

A somewhat random question but it's been bugging me for some time and figured someone out there must have the answer!

I've noticed these bits just in front of the folding trunk divider (circled in red) - one appears to be a magnetic anchor, whilst the other looks like it's been designed to latch something onto maybe:

top left looks like something should attach magnetically to it. The one circled on the right is a rectangular metal loop, similar to the ones on the back of the rear seats to stop luggage from sliding past.

.. any clues as to what they are used for?

Also has anybody had experience in changing the boot leds/lamps? mine appear to have died.

Thanks

Old 12-10-2018, 08:17 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they were for netting or tie downs

Old 12-10-2018, 09:50 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I believe the loop is an anchor for the fitment of a child's car seat top mounting. Other magnets? Maybe another market or another divider that never made production. Like the lower pockets on the door panels that appear to have cutout marks for hinge assemblies on the back side.