Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Water sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:02 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Water sound

I never noticed this until today. Usually, I have the radio on so I cannot hear anything but music. Today, I picked up my car from the tint shop. Got all the windows tinted. I noticed a water sound going left to right and right to left when I am making left / right turns. The sound seemed to come from where the windshield meets the dashboard area. It seemed to happen for a brief period and then wasn’t noticeable anymore. It was a strange phenomenon. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by lovingit; 01-03-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:34 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lovingit
I never noticed this until today. Usually, I have the radio on so I cannot hear anything but music. Today, I picked up my car from the tint shop. Got all the windows tinted. I noticed a water sound going left to right and right to left when I am making left / right turns. The sound seemed to come from where the windshield meets the dashboard area. It seemed to happen for a brief period and then wasn’t noticeable anymore. It was a strange phenomenon. Anyone else experience this?
Air in your cooling system, trapped in the heater core.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:19 AM
Hybrid will become famous soon enoughHybrid will become famous soon enough
Damn,
I've had that sound for years in my 2011 Vantage V8. Always thought it was water in the frame sloshing around.
Is there an easy fix?

Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by embdenb

Is that cause for concern? Or normal

Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Sound went away. I’ve had other owners tell me that it’s water stuck in the sills.

Anyways, after getting the windshield tinted, I do notice this fogged area in the windshield. It’s a small condensation on the passenger side where the windshield meets the dash. It’s about 3” by 2” rectangular size. At first, I thought it was the tint trying to cure, but upon closer inspection, it looks like water droplets. I left it alone and went away and came back. I always have the AC on. I’m hoping the installer didn’t damage the windshield somehow and causing a slight imperfection that is causing the condensation. I suspect that this is highly unlikely. Knock on wood. I wiped it away with a microfiber and then drove around a little bit today. Did not see any more condensation in that passenger-side area. Strange.

I’m not sure how to diagnose.

Last edited by lovingit; 01-08-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by embdenb

THIS.

I used to have that problem in my E30 M3 years ago and it used to drive me crazy looking for the wet spot.
Otherwise had it been water trapped in the sills or body frame you would have to have LOTS of water in order for it to make the sloshing sound loud enough for you to hear it.