Where do you buy tires for your AM? - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Where do you buy tires for your AM?

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Where do you buy tires for your AM?

Old 01-11-2019, 09:51 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
If dealer matches Tire Rack prices, you still have to pay sales tax even if AM dealer matches prices. So why not buy directly on Tire Rack, pay no sales tax, and ship to AM dealer to install and mount? I figure $1200 tires would be roughly $100 you save on not paying sales tax.
If there are issues with the tires like a bubble or whatever, I'd rather deal the AM dealer than TireRack. I want the AM dealer to own the whole job and product.

Old 01-12-2019, 12:35 PM
ntlr will become famous soon enoughntlr will become famous soon enough
Tirerack and just have the dealer install - not too expensive at the end of the day for the extra bit of peace of mind.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:34 PM
mto
mto will become famous soon enoughmto will become famous soon enough
I personally go to dealer or independent. Some of the TR installers don't want to touch my special wheels. Also if buying 4 tires, I want the alignment done correctly. In Northern CA, I've used Redwood Tire, they are top notch too.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:41 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I bought both my sets from Walmart.com, free shipping to store and cheaper than tirerack.

Now where to have them installed, no clue. First place broke a rim, second scuffed the outside rim pretty bad.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:58 PM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by randyb View Post
Now where to have them installed, no clue. First place broke a rim, second scuffed the outside rim pretty bad.
That's why I stick with the Aston Martin dealer for the whole job.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:24 AM
MRCW will become famous soon enoughMRCW will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ntlr View Post
Tirerack and just have the dealer install - not too expensive at the end of the day for the extra bit of peace of mind.
I've done this and have piece of mind that the Tire Rack road hazard warranty is good all over country...

i did this for s BMW and had a problem with tire on a trip and was resolved at a local tire shop.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:44 AM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Tirerack and the installer I trust (shop in the ghetto)