Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where to get coil shocks for 2006 DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Mike P is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to get coil shocks for 2006 DB9

Hello Aston Martin owners:

I am looking for replacement shocks for my 2006 DB9 Volante. I have seen some folks state they replaced their coilovers with Bilstein shocks, yet when I called Bilstein directly they said they didn't sell a replacement. I see Red Line sells them for about $2,300 for all 4. Does anyone have and experience with Red line replacements, other ideas or know why I am getting conflicting info regarding Bilstein?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 01-11-2019, 02:19 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Bilstein does the OEM cartridge/damper for 2009 MY and up. So you may of thought it was the whole package.

Old 01-11-2019, 11:14 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mike P
Hello Aston Martin owners:

I am looking for replacement shocks for my 2006 DB9 Volante. I have seen some folks state they replaced their coilovers with Bilstein shocks, yet when I called Bilstein directly they said they didn't sell a replacement. I see Red Line sells them for about $2,300 for all 4. Does anyone have and experience with Red line replacements, other ideas or know why I am getting conflicting info regarding Bilstein?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike
The previous owner of my 05 DB9 put 2009 bilstiens on it due to the better ride qualities. I put VelocityAP lowering springs to help it some more.

Redpants.lol sells BC Forged coil overs and VelocityAP has some type of coil over setup also. I would go that route if i were to spend the money. Better ride, adjustable and altogether better for somewhat minimal amount of money.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Thank you Sheriff Dep for the useful information. Best regards, Mike

Old 01-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Hi Sheriff Dep:

Redpants seems to work on the AM Vantage only. Velocity is an option but is very pricey. When I searched Bilstein ender a 2009 DB9 it came back that they dont sell a shock fro the car, So, I am thinking that the shocks on your 05 must be make for some other car but happens to fit the DB9. Do you happen to have a part number or know what other car the Bilstein coilover shock goes on.?

Thank you, Mike

Old 01-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Thank you J doubleU. Do you happen to have a part number?

Best regards, Mike

Old 01-12-2019, 08:31 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Thank you J doubleU. Do you happen to have a part number?

Best regards, Mike
Mike, the problem is the OEM ones are big$ if your doing a vehicle set, which you should do. It's best to go aftermarket unless you could find OEM ones used which isn't very likely. And you have used possibly not good ones.
https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part-finder/astonmartin/db9/oe/151/685/24055

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-16-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:57 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Hi Sheriff Dep:

Redpants seems to work on the AM Vantage only. Velocity is an option but is very pricey. When I searched Bilstein ender a 2009 DB9 it came back that they dont sell a shock fro the car, So, I am thinking that the shocks on your 05 must be make for some other car but happens to fit the DB9. Do you happen to have a part number or know what other car the Bilstein coilover shock goes on.?

Thank you, Mike
Let me check, Speedracer800 was the previous owner of my DB9 and changed them out.

Yes, Redpants does V8V's but also the DB9's. The BC Coilovers should be available for the DB9 as well. Good Pricing for solid products

Old 01-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Thank you

Thank you SheriffDep and J doubleU. I appreciate all your help and will follow up with the various suggestions you have made. I'll let you know how it turns out. Best regard, Mike

Old 01-16-2019, 07:40 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
My '04 DB9 coupe (not the volante) has the following shocks (if this helps at all)

FRONT LEFT: 4G43-18B036-AD Module AM803 187D1069 Dynamic
FRONT RIGHT: 4G43-18B036-AD DPVHA AM803 129D469 Dynamic
REARS: 4G43-18080-CC DPVHA AM803 COUPE REAR 124D469

Old 01-16-2019, 09:04 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
If you're interested in adjustability and an improved combination of ride and handling, I highly recommend Nitron NTR. These are extremely well made, light weight shocks which, on my Lotus (haven't used them on my Aston), have both flattened out the cornering and smoothed out the ride. Their damping control is much better than my previous Bilsteins so the tires aren't loosing contact with the road as they were before. These are 2 way adjustable, so it may take some fiddling to find the settings that you like, but when dialed in, they're great. You can also adjust your ride height, so you can go for stock height or a little more aggressive looking.

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_item.php?catID=12132&prodID=73628

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-16-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the information and direct link Blue2000s. These are quite pricey. If ultimately my choice is OEM or these shocks, your recommendation appears the to be better option. Considering I do not track the car, were I to find a good option at less cost I would be very happy. Thanks again, Mike

Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Great information sdekoning. Thank you very much.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:38 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Thank you for the information and direct link Blue2000s. These are quite pricey. If ultimately my choice is OEM or these shocks, your recommendation appears the to be better option. Considering I do not track the car, were I to find a good option at less cost I would be very happy. Thanks again, Mike
It all depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking to replace worn out shocks or are you looking to change the attitude/looks of the car? Do you want more lively handling or better ride comfort? Do you want both? What is your budget. Shocks have a profound influence on the personality of the car. This being an exotic car, the parts available are generally and appropriately high end.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Hello Blue 2000s:

I guess it's my frugal nature that causes me to seek value. Also, being primarily an American car driver I am accustomed to the prices of American car parts. I have a 2005 Dodge Viper, 1966 Ford Cobra and a 1987 Buick Grand National and when I opt for high end parts on these vehicles the costs are exponentially less expensive. So it is a shocker (pun intended) for me seeing what OEM parts cost for the Aston. I do like the car and will do what it takes to keep it in tip top shape. I drive all my cars how they are meant to be driven. But I am the type that will buy a very good wine at a fair price but I will not spend the exponential difference to get a wine that offers an incremental difference compared to the less expensive very good wine. Hopefully, I will succeed in finding a compromise somewhere in between the best and the over priced OEM shocks without the sticker price shock.

Thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Best regards, Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to get coil shocks for 2006 DB9