Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage depreciation...how low can it go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:27 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sonies
its super simple just be careful to night tighten the tiny nuts on the small screws too hard or they will break! watching the video here probably took about as long as it did to remove it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXQZvLeyf0E

hey Rich, I'm your 1000th subscriber, welcome to monetizationville lol
nice video!! do you have a few of the front pictures to see what looks best and the contrast? 8 vs the 6 vs the GT4 vs the V12?
thanks

Old 01-23-2019, 10:35 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by goto35
That's a long depressing *** story. Lol
one of the worst EVER.... but a somewhat calming happy ending.... its fixed ...............but if it breaks again, it gets mounted to a wall.........classic!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by XWCGT
nice video!! do you have a few of the front pictures to see what looks best and the contrast? 8 vs the 6 vs the GT4 vs the V12?
thanks
thats not my video, thats a guy who is a sponsor and sells things here, check out his site redpants.lol

he's got all the grill information I think

Old 01-23-2019, 11:22 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by goto35
I guess it's time to wake up to the depreciation of the Aston Martins.

Looking on bat and classified used vantages can be picked up for $35k now.

I guess my 08 is probably worth around 35-40.

Question is how low can it go?

I'm debating to sell my roadster (had 6 years). So much fun.

I want either a v8 Manual, v12 or a f430.
FWIW, just saw a 2010 V8V coupe with 16k miles for over $70k! in Dallas.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:24 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MRCW
It sold for that price? People can ask the world for something.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MRCW
Local dealer has a black/black 2015 Vantage GT 20k miles asking $69k

Old 01-23-2019, 03:03 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mjanis
Local dealer has a black/black 2015 Vantage GT 20k miles asking $69k
GT was lower MSRP when new.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:45 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
It sold for that price? People can ask the world for something.
that is asking price... still... bold price

www.gatewayclassiccars.com/DFW/585/2010-Aston-Martin-Vantage

Last edited by MRCW; 01-23-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:53 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
i think i may list my car on bat.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 PM
karmafan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had thought something similar but a few things like
- ecu readings showing how many ignition cycles, hours used, revs per gear - all of the numbers added up
- i drove it daily for months with no problem at all and my local inspection came back perfect.
- almost everything on the car (tires clutch,) was desribed as regularly used, great condition for age but should plan on replacing soon". 9 year old original rubber on a car is imporessive and i doubt they would have stored them in some climate controlled way where i got 1000 miles out of them before i realized they were 9 years old and were not structurally sound for cornering
- I think the car suffered more from lack of excitement rather than abundance of. these are performance cars and if you dont drive them, push them a bit they are made to hold 12 qts of oil and huge amounts of coolant flow through it, if it never needs that i assume parts become like a retired football player. Im a spirited driver and after 9 years of the easy life it had been maintained but never put through is paces.

It is bizzare though how Aston dealers give zero details on service reports. my complete engine replacement just lists engine serviced on car fax.

also im learning that i got ripped off. ive found 4 shops since then who said they could have sourced me a new one or built me a stronger one for half the price. The car was pretty new to me, i didnt know who was reliable and was hesitant to ship my car around the country and be sending new partners 20k to get rolling.

I just wished they did what they said they would do and replace everything needed. it was clearly some fault of the oil system - to put the same oil pumps and power sources back on the new motor is wrong and shows an indifference for how used owners are treated.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I've been looking at V8 Vantage pricing in comparison to my V12S pricing and some interesting things I've noticed.

Assuming asking price is seldom the selling price and the asking will be a bit high, the later V8 Vantages from 2014 to 2016 seem to be holding their values incredibly well. When I traded my 2015 V8 GT for a V12S a few years ago The 2015 V12S was $109K with 22,000 miles on it and I traded for $20K difference including an extra year warranty and shipping! Both were Sportshift. So, depending upon how you looked at it, the difference including extended warranty and shipping was $15K, or $94K for a car I paid $99K two years earlier. The $109K Certified car was a deceptive sale and Aston replaced it at their expense with an equal 8,000 mile V12S. My 12,000 mile V8 Vantage is now for sale again at Napleton for $69K and has 22,000 miles certified. A great deal, compared to other 2015's on the market most asking much higher prices - even with more miles and not certified. Even many of the 2006 and 2007's are asking for more than I thought they would. Keep in mind these are cats that are a dozen years old, probably driven aggressively, and many with non-Aston continued service, possibly accidents, and whatever else happens in a dozen years. The newer ones with the upgrades do much better. With 20,000+ Vantages they are not going to be collectors like the older generation Astons that only a few hundred or even a thousand exist. That the reason I moved to a V12S - far less number produced with more likely they would hold value and someday maybe increase. But looking at the V12S pricing - from the mid 80's to north of $119K for what seems like similar cars and miles. Not sure whats happening, some of them look to be incredible deals and many are certified. The Insurance in the V12S is about $1K more a year than the V8, the gas mileage is about 12 MPG in town, and the 2 year warranty extension only $400 more than the V8, so not huge differences in ownership, assuming the warranty is extended the full 12 years possible between the V12S and the V8. Anyone know if those fluent in classic status cars have thoughts about the future V12 and V8 Vantage values?

Old 01-30-2019, 09:59 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The V12 Vantage is the one to own for long haul. Looks cooler and the power is enough to make it a beast in any era. V12 is a V12, so there is some ego measuring just with that.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM
dpath is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you got a great deal on your V12S but did you include sales tax and registration fees in your analysis? I understand that these costs can be excessive in Minnesota.

Old 01-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Because it was a trade deal, I only had to pay the taxes on the difference - registration you get screwed no matter what.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:57 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Because it was a trade deal, I only had to pay the taxes on the difference - registration you get screwed no matter what.
I'm cali you pay pax on purchase price. Get nothing for trade in tax credit