Heavily modified V8 Vantage at full throttle. - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Heavily modified V8 Vantage at full throttle.

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Old 02-08-2019, 01:48 PM
DetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to behold

Apologies in advance for the poor quality of the rear video. This car has many upgrades with the majority from Velocity AP over the years. The sound is absolutely epic at full throttle, and the speed is quite impressive for a little GT car now too!

Mods:
Velocity AP sport cats
Velocity AP headers
Velocity AP Lightweight flywheel
V12 Vantage dual plate clutch through Velocity AP
Custon tune from Velocity AP
Nitron Coilovers from Velocity AP
HRE P101ís
Aston Martin power pack (mostly irrelevant now with tuning)
Aston Martin handling pack (mostly irrelevant now with Nitron coilovers)
Quicksilver SuperSport Exhaust
Redpants air box deletes
K&N filters
N420 carbon fiber diffuser
RSC carbon fiber front splitter
Redpants lighting kit
11.5LB lithium ion battery

Coming:
Lightweing sport seats

Last to do:
Big brake two piece kit
GMR Supercharger?

With seats, the car will be over 200lbs lighter than factory and puts done more power at the rear wheels than it did at the fly stock. She breaks traction and second going going straight, and is incredible fun in the corners. She is like my fourth daughter...I look at the mods like the 529 funds for the other kids...

Old 02-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Noahcpa is an unknown quantity at this point
I have about the same build. Itís much more fun to drive now.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:02 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
If it were at all possible could you have Bamford build a NA engine as opposed to a blower. We run a factory blower on our Mustang. If I ever get the chance I am going to replace it with a coyote. For track work the blower adds weight up high and you have to get cooling under control. It just seems like complication. That said acceleration is outstanding

What is price difference between the two?

chr

Old 02-08-2019, 04:41 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
Damn that is quite the mod list! What seats are you going to run? Any pictures of your car?

Old 02-08-2019, 05:20 PM
DetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to beholdDetomasoGTS74 is a splendid one to behold

Old 02-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by era2076 View Post
If it were at all possible could you have Bamford build a NA engine as opposed to a blower. We run a factory blower on our Mustang. If I ever get the chance I am going to replace it with a coyote. For track work the blower adds weight up high and you have to get cooling under control. It just seems like complication. That said acceleration is outstanding

What is price difference between the two?

chr
We have Irish007 (Chris) on staff here and would be happy to take on performance builds. Have a great head guy locally with a flowbench. The GT4 cars are running 12.3:1 compression for World Challenge, and we have all the cam profiles from someone who worked as a consultant at the company that did the original engine development work.

Who wants one!!!

2384 Government Street
Penticton, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)236-422-3341
Mobile: (1)-250-460-1775
www.velocityap.com

Old 02-08-2019, 08:12 PM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We have Irish007 (Chris) on staff here and would be happy to take on performance builds. Have a great head guy locally with a flowbench. The GT4 cars are running 12.3:1 compression for World Challenge, and we have all the cam profiles from someone who worked as a consultant at the company that did the original engine development work.

Who wants one!!!
Now that would be a heavily modified Vantage!

Old 02-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Who wants one!!!
Stuart- Any estimates around gains for a performance build given my existing mods?

Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 PM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
DetomasoGTS74, what tire size are you running on this beast...

Old 02-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
You already know I'm a fan
Technically the Power Pack is completely irrelevant now since you've removed the air boxes and gotten the car tuned, but the black intake manifold does look much better than the standard grey one

[email protected]
Old 02-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
You already know I'm a fan
Technically the Power Pack is completely irrelevant now since you've removed the air boxes and gotten the car tuned, but the black intake manifold does look much better than the standard grey one
Wasn't there some work that was done to the intake plenum in the power pack? I thought I read that they did something to it in addition to painting it black.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:09 PM
J doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the rough
Black paint job and a hole drilled for the vacuum port to open the flaps on those expensive airbox's.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU View Post
Black paint job and a hole drilled for the vacuum port to open the flaps on those expensive airbox's.
Even if that's it, it's still sexy!

Old 02-09-2019, 07:14 PM
J doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the roughJ doubleU is a jewel in the rough
Yes it is. They change the colors on the intakes to designate HP changes. More noticeable on the V12 over the years.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Wasn't there some work that was done to the intake plenum in the power pack? I thought I read that they did something to it in addition to painting it black.
Tapped in for a vacuum line, painted it black. Otherwise the same:
https://www.redpants.lol/power-pack-intakes/

[email protected]

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heavily modified V8 Vantage at full throttle.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.