Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage and Baby seats? When is it safe or advisable to put a baby seat in the front?

Old 02-26-2019, 02:41 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Vantage and Baby seats? When is it safe or advisable to put a baby seat in the front?

My daughter is 16 months old.

In California, when can i put a baby seat in the passenger side? Has anyone done it? Should i wait for her to be 2 years old before i do it?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:05 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
I believe rear facing is not allowed in the front. So as long as you use a forward facing car seat then you should be fine. My daughtef is almost 6 and I use a booster in the passenger seat.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:02 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Check your owners manual regarding deactivating the passenger side airbags and instructions for using a child safety seat.
My 2007 owners manual has several pages of information regarding the proper type and installation of child safety seats.
Attached are two pages extracted from the current CA DMV Drivers Handbook on the subject.

Attached Files
Old 03-03-2019, 11:00 AM
johnsons is an unknown quantity at this point
My son is almost 5 and I put him in the car with his booster seat. I have a 2013 Vantage SP10. It auto detects the weight and turns the air bag off. I might have ruined him as now he only wants to ride in the "Bat-mobile" as he calls it. Its his favorite car that we own.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:11 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Not sure of the CA law for under 2 y/o but I would wait until she could be in a forward facing booster and ideally a 5 point harness one.

Old 07-12-2022, 06:31 AM
ADNH is an unknown quantity at this point
Life is all about taking risks. Some of my best and most exciting childhood memories were getting tossed around in the back seat of my uncles 3.0CS. I doubt we were even wearing seatbelts, as I seem to remember being plastered up against the side glass through the “esses”.

The greater concern in my mind is whether or not you really want to expose your children to the possibility of contracting this car-illness as such a young and impressionable time in their life.

If not for my early exposure, I may have grown up to be a productive and contributing member of society.

Old 07-12-2022, 10:11 AM
sxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond reputesxates has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 3 year old - she won't ride in my vantage until she can do so without a car seat or booster. I don't really want to wreck the leather on the seat, and I've seen seats in AM's that clearly are permanently damaged by a car seat. She can enjoy the ride in our other cars