Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

iPod Adapter No Longer Recognizes iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 12:51 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Angry iPod Adapter No Longer Recognizes iPhone

I am unable to use the iPod adapter in my ’12 Rapide. It appears to be related to the iOS version (the most current). At the local AM dealer, we tried several versions of the iPhone and only the one with old iOS version worked. I thought it could be related to the Lightning Adapter so I bought another one and did not make a difference. We tried a couple different ones at the dealer and made no difference either. The commonality was the version of iOS.

I submitted an inquiry via Aston Martin’s site and never heard back. The local dealer is pretty sharp on fixing issues and had nothing to offer on why this happening. It was working a year ago and then stopped (presumably when my iPhones were updated). The car’s software was updated about a year ago as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Right now I use the headphone jack, but I’d like to use iPod feature. The phone does charge when plugged in, but does not recognize something plugged in on the stereo interface.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:06 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I am unable to use the iPod adapter in my ’12 Rapide. It appears to be related to the iOS version (the most current). At the local AM dealer, we tried several versions of the iPhone and only the one with old iOS version worked. I thought it could be related to the Lightning Adapter so I bought another one and did not make a difference. We tried a couple different ones at the dealer and made no difference either. The commonality was the version of iOS.

I submitted an inquiry via Aston Martin’s site and never heard back. The local dealer is pretty sharp on fixing issues and had nothing to offer on why this happening. It was working a year ago and then stopped (presumably when my iPhones were updated). The car’s software was updated about a year ago as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Right now I use the headphone jack, but I’d like to use iPod feature. The phone does charge when plugged in, but does not recognize something plugged in on the stereo interface.
Its is possible at some point the Apple iOS will update then work again. But, you could just buy the Bovee or Tune2Air adapter and use that thru bluetooth. Should transfer all controls. Worth a try and much less headache than going to dealer.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:19 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Did you submit a bug report to Apple? If not, please submit here.
Mine is 2015 DB9. The iOS Apple released with iPhone X, started chopping off 5 seconds from start of each track. I reported this issue to both Apple and Aston Martin dealer. Aston Martin NA Regional Aftersales Manager (not dealer) (he is no longer with Aston Martin NA) said they don't have any update at that time and they have to open a ticket with their engineers. Apple support called me and collected log files. They said the issue will be fixed in one of the upcoming releases and also suggested to contact Aston Martin about the issue. So far the issue remains and no fix from Apple or fix from Aston Martin either. I too believe this is iOS issue and nothing to do with Aston Martin. To avoid the issue, I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.5 - thanks to Apple for not releasing any updates with bugs to this version. I have an appointment coming up next week. I will follow up with dealer and post back here. But please submit bug report to Apple.

Last edited by cuddapah; 03-30-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:26 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am going to the AM dealer on Friday to swap out the winter wheels and will see if we can revisit this issue so I can provide Apple with some technical details. Hopefully the service manager hasn't updated his phone.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
During my visit to the dealership today, SA said they will research on the issue and let me know. I will post an update here.
brightoncorg - please let us know your findings.