Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone painted splitter ??

Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Anyone painted splitter ??

Gents

Been thinking about this for a while. Has anyone painted front splitter in different colors? if yes, please post photos. even if you had vinyl film or something other than stock charcoal/grey or carbon fiber.
My car is volcano red. I bought a V12 grill, had a body shop painted gloss black & volcano red. I think it looks so much better in those colors. So, I'm thinking to get my front splitter & rear bumper section painted same color combo. I just had 3m film on it to give me idea how it'll look. what do you gents think?

with 3m vinyl film

hard too see the tape, but gloss black looks so much better than charcoal color....

Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 PM
AM4884 will become famous soon enoughAM4884 will become famous soon enough
I can't help you on color choice, but do know that painting old plastic is an iffy proposition. It's hard to get the surface prep right, and even with the right etching primer and additive to the paint it's hard to get it to stick. Love the idea of using a wrap.

YMMV,
Larry

Old 05-31-2019, 01:16 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
OP---I know you have access to film and vinyl. Forget painting, use STEK Gloss Black PPF and wrap it. If you have vinyl on your roof, then put the STEK there also. Will last alot longer, and as you actually protect it.

I would however, get your mirror caps painted gloss black. that would make a huge diff IMHO of course.

This is something that can be done in STEK clear Carbon Fiber PPF-----It looks black, because my car is black, but on a red blue or green car it would look like those colors in carbon fiber

Old 05-31-2019, 07:18 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
This look awesome

Old 05-31-2019, 08:02 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
OP---I know you have access to film and vinyl. Forget painting, use STEK Gloss Black PPF and wrap it. If you have vinyl on your roof, then put the STEK there also. Will last alot longer, and as you actually protect it.

I would however, get your mirror caps painted gloss black. that would make a huge diff IMHO of course.

This is something that can be done in STEK clear Carbon Fiber PPF-----It looks black, because my car is black, but on a red blue or green car it would look like those colors in carbon fiber

thanks for suggestion, like the idea of wrap vs painting, but so far I couldn't find red film that is close to volcano red. Not fan of carbon fiber..

Old 06-01-2019, 02:37 AM
Dog Leg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 007JB
Gents

Been thinking about this for a while. Has anyone painted front splitter in different colors? if yes, please post photos. even if you had vinyl film or something other than stock charcoal/grey or carbon fiber.
My car is volcano red. I bought a V12 grill, had a body shop painted gloss black & volcano red. I think it looks so much better in those colors. So, I'm thinking to get my front splitter & rear bumper section painted same color combo. I just had 3m film on it to give me idea how it'll look. what do you gents think?.

Not painted but how about red carbon fibre? It shouldn't work on a red car but...All of this exterior carbon is satin red.

Cheers.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Dog Leg
Not painted but how about red carbon fibre? It shouldn't work on a red car but...All of this exterior carbon is satin red.

Cheers.

Not fan of carbon, but red carbon will look nice on black car...

Old 06-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Sheriff
I'm thinking about what you suggested. If i cover the roof & rear deck section in STEK GLOSS black PPF with carbon look , I'm trying to visualize which will look better going on my red color or on black vinyl?
Any thoughts Gents?
BTW -I'm still going to paint the front splitter & rear diffuser. are in body shop, getting prepped for gloss black paint...

Old 06-13-2019, 03:40 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
I can help...
This is just a quick 5 min photoshop. I didn't try to fine tune the color, but should be good enough to give you an idea what it will look like.

Last edited by E5PR1T; 06-13-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: addin photo
Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
looks great

Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM
E5PR1T

What I'd like to see, gloss black splitter to match the color of my grill. & same on the rear diffuser & mirrors, Appreciate your help

Old 06-13-2019, 06:33 PM
E5PR1T will become famous soon enough
Here you go, hard to make flat looks glossy, but this should give you an idea how it looks. IMO I would paint the front splitter in one color. Otherwise it may look too busy.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:57 PM
E5PR1T

Yes, you have good point, now that I see it, I agree, one color would be way to go, just black. thank you very much for your help.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:47 PM

I want to do what you suggested, but having hard time finding Stek dealer that I can trust. 2 of the closest dealers are being (*@%@*&) Do you have any idea if i can buy STEK Gloss Black PPF for my roof & rear deck area. I have trusted person to do the job, but he's not STEK dealer, ( he's 3M dealer) he's done few cars for me.

thanks
Avo

Old 06-28-2019, 10:09 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 007JB
I want to do what you suggested, but having hard time finding Stek dealer that I can trust. 2 of the closest dealers are being (*@%@*&) Do you have any idea if i can buy STEK Gloss Black PPF for my roof & rear deck area. I have trusted person to do the job, but he's not STEK dealer, ( he's 3M dealer) he's done few cars for me.

thanks
Avo

Gloss black ppf all the way. I do however like your matte look on the rear. But if grille and splitter are Gloss I would make sure gloss is done elsewhere.

PM'd you to put you in touch with someone. Also--- I haven't seen it tried yet----- but it may be possibly to put gloss black PPF down, then layer it with the clear PPF Carbon Fiber like on my roof. Not sure but I am sure there are options for other people. But yours definitely gloss black.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone painted splitter ??