Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBX revealed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 05:07 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cmargosi
I think the Urus looked great in pictures and not as exciting in person....To me the Urus actually resembles a Pontiac Aztec in the flesh, albeit a better looking version.

And I don't like the Urus' interior. Like a lot of Lambos...it's too kitschy.

Again, I'm not the market for a $200K SUV. I need one understated car for my daily work that isn't too outrageous and doesn't scream "look at me" to my clients.

Will wait to pass judgement on exterior of DBX in person, as I actually like the exterior of the Vantage in person.

But the screen in the DBS / DB11 looks like it's just stuck on top of the dash and I can't get over that look. It feels way too pedestrian for an Aston. I like the integration of the screen (and size) on the DBX interior. Looks more like it was planned vs. an afterthought. Still....the flip up screen in my 15 Vanquish feels very bespoke and British. Kind of like the rotating screen in the new Continental. Classy....
Respect and understand about Urus. It is
more in your face flashy buyer. Probably male buyer too.

DBX as we know wants to expand more to female buyer. I think (hope) they do. Be interesting if hit the China and ME market strong. Quick overview below.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1XU0D5

Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Originally Posted by spinecho
the front end and side profile are ok, although the bright highlights around the bumper vents look like warts on a face.

The rear in isolation might be ok but it jars with the rest of the styling. But hey, no surprise there, it's another design from crosseyed marek.

Good move on the interior with the integrated screen - all the models should adopt this immediately.

Can't wait to accessorize mine with the "portable dog washer", whatever tf that is... A hose, maybe?
lollll

Old 11-21-2019, 06:59 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Uris went after female buyers when it was featured in Charlies Angle movie, personally I don;t like the look of the Uris, but you see them around here in Minneapolis - too much Star Wars interiors on the Lambo's

Old 11-21-2019, 08:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I find the Urus and new Cayenne to be hideous (I used to own a 958 cayenne), their lower bumpers and fascia are so massive they look terrible... aston fixed that with the massive aston grille and DRL holes and I think it looks fantastic by comparison... it makes a large vehicle appear small and sporty while also being roomy on the interior, I seriously think these will sell like hotcakes to the ladies if they advertise properly... **** give one to the kardashians for them to drive around in lol

Old 11-21-2019, 08:15 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
It would be nice to have a CUV version someday. Just like I wish there was a mini Infinity QX50 (that’s a beautiful SUV, too)

Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely looks better than the spy pics. But still not a fan of the duckbill new vantage trunk. Would've looked better with a variation of the Vanquish lights, but then again that's old design.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:33 AM
AWV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
The interior is way better than in the current DB11/DBSS/Vantage, including the better integrated screen, as well as the MB tech/infotainment (MBUX, that is 3(!) generations newer than the one in the current DB11/DBSS/Vantage) and of course the new 9-speed tranmission. Let's hope this all finds its way towards the other models (also for me THE reason to stick to my "old" DBS for now).

Old 11-26-2019, 05:19 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AWV12
The interior is way better than in the current DB11/DBSS/Vantage, including the better integrated screen, as well as the MB tech/infotainment (MBUX, that is 3(!) generations newer than the one in the current DB11/DBSS/Vantage) and of course the new 9-speed tranmission. Let's hope this all finds its way towards the other models (also for me THE reason to stick to my "old" DBS for now).
That's great news! I just checked out DBX specs and noticed "Mobile phone operating system connectivity via Apple CarPlay". Hope this makes its way into DBS.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My 2017 V12S came with Apple Car Play, so I think that's become a standard since then. Anyone here order a DBX or going to?

Old 11-27-2019, 12:35 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
My 2017 V12S came with Apple Car Play, so I think that's become a standard since then. Anyone here order a DBX or going to?
Correct me if I am wrong, new DB11/DBS/Vantage come with a different generation of MB infotainment system. They don't have CarPlay.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:58 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I am really excited for them and it looks awesome so far. Going to be an amazing car. I heard some of the details from the dealer who just got back from DBX training in TX. Get that stock price up! Our dealer is expecting a DBX drive day in March.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:01 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Uris went after female buyers when it was featured in Charlies Angle movie, personally I don;t like the look of the Uris, but you see them around here in Minneapolis - too much Star Wars interiors on the Lambo's
Urus looks true to Lamborghini styling as does the DBX to Aston Martin. Both marques did a great job of making an SUV with their respective heart and soul of the brand.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:41 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Cars and coffee December 7th will be showing off the DBX @ Crystal Cove in Newport, just received an email about the viewing.