Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Velocity AP Vantage 4.0TT secondary cat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 10:02 AM
MT15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Velocity AP Vantage 4.0TT secondary cat delete

Just thought I would chime in having these installed last week. Apologies for the sub optimal sound clip I need to spend more time trying to capture the sound.... with flybys and bumper mounted mic.

Here goes.
1. Customer service. Among best in business and Ive done lots of mods. Stu underpromised and overdelivered. With lots of followup and prompt communication. I purchased out of stock and had them delivered in under 2 weeks
2. Quality. Perfect fit and finish, came with bolts and nice gaskets.

Pipes are labeled RHS and LHS with serial numbers. Nice touch

Stock cats, prob 400 cell
3. This is the best part..... sound. The car screams like an animal on WOT and the pops and bangs sound like the gun range. No joke. Ive done full exhaust systems before without this much improvement in tone and sound. It still maintains stock driveability but is a complete beast in sport + or track. Zero drone in any mode and I am super sensitive to resonance. Sounds Better than AMG with catless DP in my opinion. I will do a better video with side by side comparison to a stock vantage when weather is warmer. Here are a couple squirts in sport + mode. Its prob as loud as my gen 2 R8 was when you count the overrun. (Instagram vid clip attached)

View this post on Instagram

4. Power. Cant tell as its winter outside and im spinning in 5th gear with all seasons on. As far as i can tell the car is more peppy with even less lag (if thats even possible on a hot V8) and it pulls hard consistently to redline with no dropoff. Will do some dragy pulls after weather warms up a bit. I would imagine improvement is marginal. I am also willing to dyno back to back with my friends stock vantage i bet there are some gains.

Honestly this is the best exhaust mod Ive ever done considering the price and result. Its a no brainer.

Last edited by MT15; 02-02-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:11 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the review! I am about to order the secondary down pipes + larger exhaust tips from VAP as well -- just waiting for Federal income the tax refund to come in! I am excited!

Old 02-03-2020, 05:27 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Are you guys tuning as well or just some bolt on’s?

Old 02-03-2020, 08:03 AM
Tunes also

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-2019-M177-ECU-TUNING-4-0TT-p/vel-amv82019ecu.htm

Handled flash is supposedly happening too

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-24-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:49 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by programmatore
Thanks for the review! I am about to order the secondary down pipes + larger exhaust tips from VAP as well -- just waiting for Federal income the tax refund to come in! I am excited!
you own a new vantage and are getting a tax refund? what

Old 02-10-2020, 04:19 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Are you guys tuning as well or just some bolt on’s?
The secondary catalysts are downstream from the O2 sensors so installing the secondary cat delete pipes should not throw any emissions faults that require the tune to defeat.

I don't really need additional power so I am holding off on the tune. If I change my mind I will probably go for primary down pipes + tune. Hopefully they will have cracked the software by then and have handheld tuners available (currently you have to send off your ECU for programming.)

Old 02-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
you own a new vantage and are getting a tax refund? what
It just means I gave Uncle Sam an interest free loan for a year!

I received a refund last year as well. I meant to increase my deductions but I forgot. Anyway, it's nice to get that money back and get some car mods.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
The secondary catalysts are downstream from the O2 sensors so installing the secondary cat delete pipes should not throw any emissions faults that require the tune to defeat.

I don't really need additional power so I am holding off on the tune. If I change my mind I will probably go for primary down pipes + tune. Hopefully they will have cracked the software by then and have handheld tuners available (currently you have to send off your ECU for programming.)
Honestly u just need these cat deletes and maybe a stage 1 flash. The engine can already completely overpower the chassis with the stock tune. I cant even imagine a stage 2

Old 02-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Quick update. Ive got 400 miles on mine so far. I drove my friend’s stock 2020 vantage yesterday. With the cat deletes and high flow filters the throttle response is night and day. The torque hits much harder sooner and lasts a bit longer up top. Not to mention the sound difference. These are a no brainer.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:28 AM
A vid under load from inside. Doesnt let me upload anything larger

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_3748.MOV (4.76 MB, 207 views)

Last edited by MT15; 03-05-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:09 PM
ripuanewass is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello everyone...
I would like to purchase some high flow air filters. Does anyone know who is selling them and how much I should expect to pay? Is there a link to where to buy them? Thank you all for your help and response.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by ripuanewass
Hello everyone...
I would like to purchase some high flow air filters. Does anyone know who is selling them and how much I should expect to pay? Is there a link to where to buy them? Thank you all for your help and response.
here u go...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ir-filter.html

Old 03-19-2020, 05:18 PM
Perfect. Thank you for the quick response. Just did the one click to buy the k&n ones off amazon. I apprecaite your help and support!!!

Originally Posted by MT15

Last edited by ripuanewass; 04-12-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by ripuanewass
Perfect. Thank you for the quick response. Just did the one click to buy the k&n ones of amazon. I apprecaite your help and support!!!
sounds good. Its a tight fit, a little more complex to install than a standard drop in filter.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:59 PM
Yes you are right. Tight mount but perfect fitment inside the airbox. Definitely makes a difference in sound volume and throttle response. I did this with the weistec blowoff valves and it makes the car alot more fun to drive.

Originally Posted by MT15
sounds good. Its a tight fit, a little more complex to install than a standard drop in filter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Velocity AP Vantage 4.0TT secondary cat delete