Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I just purchased a DBX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 10:26 AM
corveight is on a distinguished road
I just purchased a DBX

One week ago and 600 miles later, I’m settling into my DBX. It’s fun to drive but in all honesty it doesn’t feel as if it has the same hand built quality as my DB9 or Rapide have. Fit of interior trim is poor has more squeaks and rattles than I would expect. Mostly from doors and windows. Little things like the key fob is scratched from just being in my pocket with the dealer fob. It feels really light and cheap. Cup holders are back at your elbow. At least there are two and will hold a water bottle The window switches are also set way back. Small things that you don’t really think about until you’ve driven it for a while.

Old 10-09-2021, 07:00 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Sweet ride. Magnetic Silver?

Old 10-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Well I like the color scheme and wheels. And here’s a review to make you feel better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xeO82w4N3CU

Kind of an odd one with some obnoxious ads etc., but some interesting observations about the DBX and a beautiful example to look at.

Old 10-10-2021, 05:14 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I drove a prototype and 'liked' it but had a few issues with interior.

I think xenon grey with bitter chocolate as main interior color would be my first choice and your interior my second...

Take good care of this one and I'll but it from you in a few years!

Old 10-10-2021, 05:41 AM
Yes Magnetic Silver with Oxford Tan interior

Old 10-10-2021, 07:30 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
I don't like SUVs/SAVs/CuteUtes very much but the DBX is the best looking of the current lot, in my opinion. It is a handsome vehicle for this sort of thing. Sounds like some unfortunate interior niggles. Hope you can get them sorted! Safe travels.

Old 10-10-2021, 09:11 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mike Gray
I don't like SUVs/SAVs/CuteUtes very much but the DBX is the best looking of the current lot, in my opinion. It is a handsome vehicle for this sort of thing. Sounds like some unfortunate interior niggles. Hope you can get them sorted! Safe travels.
not much interested in SUVs. i suspect i'm too old...anyway, i must say this one looks pretty good.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:17 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve had my DBX now for 6 months. My order arrived with no bonus noises and still doesn’t have any. The switches are awkward to reach but satisfied with everything else. The DBX might have some minor quirks but the driving experience outweighs them.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I’ve had my DBX now for 6 months. My order arrived with no bonus noises and still doesn’t have any. The switches are awkward to reach but satisfied with everything else. The DBX might have some minor quirks but the driving experience outweighs them.
do you have issues filling the tank? I have to pump it so slowly and the pump constantly shuts off. I can watch the numbers change on the pump. That’s how slow I have to fill it. Also curious if you have any corrosion on your strut and engine aluminum?

Old 10-12-2021, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by 61mga
not much interested in SUVs. i suspect i'm too old...anyway, i must say this one looks pretty good.
Most of my cars I have to climb out of. I do appreciate the fact it doesn’t make me feel old when I’m getting out since I can step down.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:06 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by corveight
do you have issues filling the tank? I have to pump it so slowly and the pump constantly shuts off. I can watch the numbers change on the pump. That’s how slow I have to fill it. Also curious if you have any corrosion on your strut and engine aluminum?
My DBX parts look the same as yours. Getting the fluids going requires variations in angle, rotation and penetration depth.

Old 10-12-2021, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by corveight
Most of my cars I have to climb out of. I do appreciate the fact it doesn’t make me feel old when I’m getting out since I can step down.
I looked at a G-wagen and it involved a slide down of 10 inches. The wife couldn’t even climb up into it. The DBX has a suspension setting for easy access lowering…right at

butt height.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:07 PM
Tyler Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
My review of Aston Martin DBX 707

Gorgeous, and very roomy. Very surprised by performance, we very much put it to the test and made it huff and puff but it was a champ, I have that all in other videos, once were even the carbon ceramic breaks were outmatched.

See my review of our car

Old 11-07-2023, 10:15 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not a fan of SUV's. Aston Martin recently announced a redo of the interior of the next DBX to be more like the DB12, something that should be a bit more exciting and hopefully solve the squeaks.