Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Phone Mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 09:38 PM
Sir Rothschild will become famous soon enoughSir Rothschild will become famous soon enough
Phone Mounts

Looking for a place home mount for a Vantage. Anyone know of some Vantage specific one?

I have an iPhone if it makes a difference.

Would love some recommendations!

Old 07-29-2022, 05:45 AM
cbj5259 will become famous soon enough

I haven't fully tried it yet, but I've seen a few owners take the CD player mounted phone holders and turn the mounting bracket vertical and wedge it between the gap in between the center ("waterfall") portion of the dash and the glove box portion of the dash. The actual holder is on a ball joint and can swivel and turn so it doesn't matter how the bracket is mounted. It looks like a tight fit, but if you can work it in it will definitely hold, especially since you can apply pressure with the expanding joint portion of the mounting bracket to stay in place. I have one and attempted to try it, but the gap between the two sections is very tight on my car and I "chickened" out from forcing it in as I didn't want to mar the leather near the edges. (Picture for reference only...I'm not sure if this particular model is any good, just wanted to show the type).

Last edited by cbj5259; 07-29-2022 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:56 AM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
This is NOT Vantage-specific, so it depends on your car year and transmission whether it's an option...
I like magnetic mounts and prefer to not use a vent mount. Obviously, that's just a personal preference and other people have entirely valid differing opinions. I placed an aluminum plate in the little receptacle in the horizontal center console and attached a Scosche suction cup + magnet mount to it. I also ran some A/V connections to it, but that's not necessary or relevant. The Scosche mount includes a small adhesive metal plate that attaches to the back of the phone case and holds the phone to the mount. So, a suction cup holds the Scosche Magic Mount to the aluminum plate, and a magnet holds the phone case to the Magic Mount.

Scosche Suction Cup + Magnet Mount in DB9

iPhone attached to Scosche Magic Mount in DB9

Last edited by zuman; 07-29-2022 at 08:58 AM.