Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

US Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
eric77 is on a distinguished road
US Deliveries

So has anyone on here picked up an AMV8 in the states yet? I know they are here because I went to the am dealership last week to speak with them about prepping my Dad's. Unfortunately he still has yet to pick his up because he's busy at work

Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 AM
here are a couple pics I took with the cell phone. Sorry for the quality.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:10 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Can the V8's be ordered in touchtronic?

Old 04-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Can the V8's be ordered in touchtronic?
I dont believe so. Not yet at least. Besides 6 spd is the only way to go

Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
So my dad finally picked the car today and it is amazing. It has 50 miles on it so it still needs to be broken in, but you can already tell it is just an awesome car. I drove it for a short while and everything about the car was great. Awesome handling, power, brakes, etc. and I got plenty of looks driving it

The only problem so far is the $&%#*& DEALER PREP!!! I specifically told the gm and the "aston martin detailer" to NOT even touch the paint with a rotary and sure enough they did. It looks fine in dim light, but the first thing I saw when my dad pulled up in the sun were holograms all along the side of the car. My dad will be requesting they pay for a detail and I will get my hands on the car for the first time, which I should have just done in the first place! Sorry for the rant, but detailing is what I do and after being lied to by several employees I am pretty ticked off. For those of you picking up a new car anytime soon, do NOT let the dealer touch it. I thought an am dealership could be trusted but apparently not.

Last edited by eric77; 04-26-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:58 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
How does it sound compared to the DB9?

Old 04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by JarodL
How does it sound compared to the DB9?
Its hard to say. The v8 definitely has a throaty and deep tone to it when you hit about 4k rpms similar to the db9. It sounds killer, but is a little different than the v12. Its hard to describe, but I would say the v8 has a bit more of a sporty sound to it.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Congrats Eric. Bummer about the detail job. Pictures, stat!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll get pictures up as soon as I detail it

Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by eric77
I'll get pictures up as soon as I detail it
Great! I was dissappointed when we picked up out turbo.. it was clean, and I love to detail cars as well.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
pic, pic, pic!!!

Old 04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
^^^^ True story. Pics!

Old 05-25-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
^^^^ True story. Pics!
you want pics

I still need to buff out the holograms, but I have just been booked solid lately. I was able to put a coat of wax on the car yesterday and it is looking pretty good.

Last edited by eric77; 05-25-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Good work Eric...and he's right guys. Most "detailers" from the dealer really have no clue what they're doing. We just got a client with a DB9 and it's taken almost 20 hours to fix the swirls and holograming.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Good work Eric...and he's right guys. Most "detailers" from the dealer really have no clue what they're doing. We just got a client with a DB9 and it's taken almost 20 hours to fix the swirls and holograming.
Holy $HIT!! 20 hours!!! I dont even want to imagine what they did. Do you use a rotary or only a random orbital on a car like that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: US Deliveries