Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston's GT3RS the V8 Vantage N24

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:42 AM
motorsportnick is on a distinguished road
Aston's GT3RS the V8 Vantage N24

It looks like Aston Martin is building a limited amount of AM V8 Vantage cars to celebrate its success at the 24 hour endurance race at the ring'.

I dont have a link to the article, I actually couldnt find any info on the car online but below are some quotes from Evo Magazine November Issue.

Evo Magazine -

'At the Nurburgring 24 Hours, the Vantage came home fourth in class'

"After doing so well, Dr Bez thought it would be a great idea to put the car into limited production for those customers who want something a little harder-edged than the standard road car. In other words a 'GT3 RS' version of the AM V8 that could still be road-registered, making it very possibly the ultimate gentlemen's trackday car."

'We decided to call this new version of the AM V8 the N24 in celebration of is finishing the Nurburgring 24-hout race,' says Dr Bez. 'It was a fantastic achievment to finish so high up in what is basically a standard, road-going production car. The only thing we changed throughout the race were the brake pads - other than that the car ran perfectly. After the race we changed the slicks back to road tyres and Chris Porrit drove the car back to the factory. Nobody else did that.' "

"When I quiz him on how many N24s he expects to build, he suggests a figure of around 20. This will be a very exclusive car indeed.

'We will start building the cars in December/January time,' he says 'so they should be ready for the start of next season. There will only be three colous availible: yellow, silver and AM Racing Green.'

'There will be a number of enhancements availible that can be fitted after the customer has bought the car - this will get us around any type-approval problems. One of the options will be a "road-legal kit" for those customers who still want to use their cars on the road. If a customer wants more bespoke parts fitted - say for a particular race series - then Aston Martin Racing can make anything extra the customer requires.'

"The V8's suspension was left more or less standard, although this car does run stiffer springs and anti-roll cars that were first tested on the road going Vantage during its developement but were rejected for being slightly too stiff."

"One big suprise is that the N24 retains the full stability control, traction control and ABS of the standard car - apparently the drivers fully intended to leave the stability control engaged should the heavens open during the race. Porritt says he often saw 1.5g during cornering and braking in the dry, even with the system left on..."

"The final suprise is the price that Aston plans to charge for the very special, hand-finished road-racer. Rather than using Porsche's model of charging more for a car with less equipment, Dr Bez intends to sell the N24 for exactly the same price as the road car: 82,800pounds.

Thats 11,480 less then the Porsche GT3 RS, yet on paper the two cars look very closely matched: the quoted 0-60mph time for the N24 is 4.2sec, while Porsche claims that its 997 GT3 RS will reach 62mph in exactly the same time.

Although the N24 shaves over half a second off the standard V8's 0-60, its top speed stays the same at 175mph. Its claimed lap time around the ring is a stunning 7min 45sec on Yokohama slicks, or 7min 55sec on the optional road-legal Pirelli P Zero Corsas. With a performance/price ratio like that, its no wonder Aston has already taken a number of orders.

I ask Dr Bez about next year's Nurburgring 24 hours. Does he plan to take part again? 'For sure, we will be back next year,' he replies. 'This time I expect we will be joined by some of our customers who have these cars too. So we may have more competition next year!'

I think that's what they call a racing certainty."

SPECIFICATIONS
V8 VANTAGE N24

-Engine V8

-Location Front, longitudinal

-Displacement 4281cc

-Cylinder Block Aluminium alloy, dry-sumped

-Cylinder head Aluminium alloy, dohc per bank,
4v per cyl, variable inlet timing

-Fuel and ignition Electronic ignition and multipoint
fuel injection

-Max power 385bhp @ 7300rpm

-Max torque 302lb ft @ 5000rpm

-Transmission Six-speed manual, transaxle,
rear-wheel drive, lsd, TC, DSC

-Front Suspension Double wishbones, coil-over
monotube dampers, anti-roll bar

-Rear Suspension Double wishbones, coil-over
monotube dampers, anti-roll bar

-Brakes Vented and grooved discs, 355mm
front, 330mm rear, ABS, EBD, EBA

-Wheels 10 x 18in front, 11 x 18in rear

-Tyres Yokohama slicks, 250/650 x 18
front, 280/650 x18 rear

-Weight (dry) 1350kg

-Power-to-Weight 286bhp/ton (dry weight)

-0-60mph 4.2sec (claimed)

-Top speed 172mph (limited)

-Basic Price 82,800pounds

-On Sale December

Old 10-28-2006, 03:50 AM
motorsportnick is on a distinguished road
I just realized 4thirty made a thread on this car as well, sorry for the repost but please dont delete this thread as it has different information on the car.

4thirty's thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=53727

Last edited by motorsportnick; 10-28-2006 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:06 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Very interesting article, I just read the Dutch version and was about to post a thread on this. IMO Aston has really raised the stakes here by selling it for € 40,000 less than the GT3 RS, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell a lot more than 20 of them.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:05 PM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future

Quick scan.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:22 AM
spawn is on a distinguished road
...so hot! perfect car. but its not my fav color...
i love those rims!

spawn

Old 11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
nice post, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
One can purchase the car in a Vintage Racing Green and a Black...and Im SO sold on the green.