Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 03:02 AM
techart 996 #3 is on a distinguished road
Vanquish

I was hoping that someone here is knowledgeable on the topic of Vanquish.

Does anyone know how many shades of silver (or titanium rather) that this car comes in? I saw one on E bay in a ferrari colour (titanio grigio). Most seem to come in tungsten or stronsay silver. What are the other colours?

Except for the choppy F1, subpar interior and severe depreciation, what are the most common problems with the car?

I've read that 06 is the last production year for the Vanquish. T or F? Shouldn't we have seen spy pics of the replacement if T?

Any other relevant info on the topic would be much appreciated.

Found this car on dupont!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is on a distinguished road
Vanquish is a beautiful car.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Can't remember all the silver colors, but you've got the two big ones.

You are correct that the Vanquish is in its final year of production. It is believed that the Vanquish will return after a 2-year re-design. So, it's not anticipated that these will be the last Vanquishes. So far, though, there are no spy shots that I know of. The "gap-filler" is the DBS, which is the DB9 with upgrades.

You are correct about the shortcomings. The F1 tranny is hard on clutches, I'm advised, but the solution to that issue is the same as in any other manual transmission gear: when at a stop, put it in neutral. That will extend the clutch life considerably. The interior, in my opinion, is nice, but dated. However, the one thing that I do not like is the seats. I feel that they're not very grippy and, in fact, are actually like sitting on an over-stuffed sofa. In other words, they feel kind of like you're sitting on a yellow pages. Depreciation is exceptional on AMs. If you're serious, just wait a little longer and you'll save a nice sum.

Other things to consider are the extended warranty and cost of service/maintenance. The full extended warranty is available on any car that is currently under a factory warranty. If the car goes out of factory warranty, one can still purchase an extended warranty, but it is a much more limited version. So, always try to find a car that is under a factory warranty. My dealer advises me that the annual maintenance costs are in the $4.5K to $6.0K range. I imagine that that is dependent upon milage and how hard one drives it. However, it's also useful to know that disposables (like tires, for example) are available only through AM and obviuosly at large mark ups.

But, the Vanquish is, for my money, the best looking car on the road. Period.

CW

Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by FERRAR1
Vanquish is a beautiful car.
Second that and especially the Vanquish S

Old 09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
93 r1 is on a distinguished road
Tires are only available from Aston? I'm gonna call BS on that

Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
buy it my friend......no matter how clunky the gear box is you'll want the ladies to see you so you wont be doin more then 5mph anyway

Old 09-29-2006, 01:37 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
BS? Maybe, but ...

This is straight from the mouth of the dealer service manager's mouth. That's not to say that you can't purchase other wheels and tires for it, and I haven't looked into it further than that, but I'm happy to be corrected on the matter if you care to look into it further.

CW

Old 09-30-2006, 11:33 AM
93 r1 is on a distinguished road
I'm just saying that the tires can be bought anywhere. Even tirerack sells the right sizes.

The maintenance costs seem high also......

Old 10-02-2006, 03:10 PM
You could certainly be correct on the operating and maintenance costs, but I have only my own operating costs of high-end autos to use as comparison because I do not own an AM. I have been researching Vanquishes and have been quite close a couple of times, but, so far, haven't done it. However, given the basic required maintenance at shop rates in the $100 +/- range plus disposables, I think it's pretty consistent. Maybe conservatively high, but not out of the ball park.

Regarding the tires, the OE tires are marked as AM and, according to the service manager, are only available through AM. That's not to say that you couldn't put non-OE tires on the car, and I have little doubt that alternative tires are available. You'd probably want to change all 4 tires out if you go non-OE. However, if you want the OE, according to AM, they're from AM only. If I have a chance this week, I'll swing by my local dealer and take a look at the tires on the Vanquishes in stock.

CW

Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 AM
3rd Party Warranties

ToyStore,

3rd Party Warranties are available, I'm sure, but I'm sorry to say that most 3rd Party Warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on. There are lots of folks who will take your hard-earned money, promising what you want to hear. Unfortunately, if something goes wrong, when it comes time for the warranter to pay up, they amazingly find ways to deny the claim outright or at the very least deny a significant portion of it. I have heard aboslute horror stories, and the insurance regulators, investigators and lawyers are kept in business by fraudulent (or bad faith) warranty businesses.

Warranties can be VERY lucrative for the companies issuing them. One reason for this is that they gladly take the premium but then find reasons not to pay out. I firmly believe this is one case where you get what you pay for.

Regarding the aesthetic changes, you won't see many from different year models. You're right that the S has the most obvious differences, but all other models look pretty much the same. Maybe the single biggest difference for the standard models was the introduction of the upgraded Nav system (screen-based)! Almost all other changes were minor and/or software related, IIRC.

CW

Old 11-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CornersWell

But, the Vanquish is, for my money, the best looking car on the road. Period.
if not the above, then certainly the best looking gt coupe i've ever laid eyes on.

i see one locally slammed on 20s.... it's insanely beautiful. makes allother AM cars look .... slab sided.