Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEWSFLASH >GOODBYE Ford, BONJOUR Louis Vuitton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up NEWSFLASH >GOODBYE Ford, BONJOUR Louis Vuitton

French luxury goods maker LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA — better known as just Louis Vuitton — has won an auction to acquire Aston Martin from Ford, according to a German news report.

The news will appear in weekly auto magazine Autobild tomorrow, according to MarketWatch, which obtained an advance copy of the article. The Autobild report cites well-placed but anonymous sources.

Earlier this week, bidding ended for Aston Martin, which has been up for "auction" since August. Ford is selling the successful sports car company in order to raise much-needed capital.

Ford will retain a 15 percent stake in the company, according to the report. No details on the sale price were given, but a report by Britain's Sunday Times in December put valuation as high as $1.2 billion. To be honest I think that $1.2 billion, for a company like Aston Martin, is a somewhat of a LOW price. Especially when you consider that AM has a sterling reputation,image,history and low volume automaker .I wonder what Ford''s Reserve price was,thats if they even had one,since they are desperate for every penny they can get. LVMH definetly got a VERY good bargain.

Poeple what are your thoughts on AM being bought be LV? Well they AM be BETTER or WORSE. (ill add my thought s later lol)

Last edited by Blazing; 02-02-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Hard to see how it's a good thing . . .

Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
We'll probably see the birth of the ultimate nouveaux riches-mobile.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Hmmm. What does LV know about cars?

Old 02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
ImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of lightImPulSe is a glorious beacon of light

I think Louis Vuitton has been linked to Aston Martin a few times in the past. I think they will continue to make the brand a "luxury" only car.

I just hope they dont add their "patterns" to it

Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
LittleJohny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ImPulSe
I just hope they dont add their "patterns" to it
yes x10000000

I freaking hate their pattern SO much....

Old 02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
They better not ruin my dream car. argh!

Chris

Old 02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Celestin is on a distinguished road
Ahhhhh! I can see it now. LV patterns on the convertible tops, and all over the upholstery. Pretty much what you'll see most rappers do to their cars in an episode of Cribs.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
allkingz is on a distinguished road
Doesn't LVMH make things other than handbags?

I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. Look at it this way, Ford owned AM, but we never say an Aston Martin SUV or Aston Martin "Taurus".

Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
So that's why the founder of LV made it on the Forbes 400 list...

Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
better. IMO

Old 02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
jpclinging is on a distinguished road
Great news, soon we'll get cheap Aston knock offs from Asia!!!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
JayM is on a distinguished road
LMVH has more ties to car manufacturing than you realize. One of the key people responsible for putting LMVH together was Jean-Paul Elkann, previously head of Christian Dior (and before that head of French Steel-the Europeans believe that Renaissance men can do anything). By all accounts he was a pretty amazing guy. His son Alain is an author, and was married for awhile to Margherita Agnelli. As a result, his grandson John Elkann is now the vice-chairman and heir apparent at Fiat. Think that Fiat subsidiary in Maranello might be able to help out the folks at LMVH...?

Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jpclinging
Great news, soon we'll get cheap Aston knock offs from Asia!!!
That's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEWSFLASH >GOODBYE Ford, BONJOUR Louis Vuitton