Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Quattroporte vs. V8 Vantage for daily?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
I would go with the Vantage. However for the money a 2005-2006 Mercedes-Benz S65 can be had for the same price of the AMV8 or the Quattro if you look VERY carefully youll find some good deals. 604bhp from a V12 Twin Turbo,0-62mph in 4.2secs,nice interior,realible (i sound like a sell person now lol) etc.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:47 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by arnst19
regardless of what you get for interior.... I'd suggest this for exterior, although maybe I'm biased....

I thought about black but for some reason, black doesn't appeal to me. The problem is that I haven't seen too many of these in person and since they weren't on my radar, I never bothered to pay attention when they were around.

I found a black with exactly the interior I want for the price I want but... I'm not sure of black and I've never seen one in person. This is the sucky side of buying a rare car.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enoughGHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enough
The Vantage, no doubt. Easy for me since I don't like the QP at all.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:34 AM
ItaLianFiXaTion is an unknown quantity at this point
Again, Get A White V8 Vantage. It Looks Sweet, So Classy And Gorgeous :d

Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Banned
bmorrell will become famous soon enough
I say white or that lightish-charcoalish color they have, or red.

with some wheels would look great, or white/black wheels. I have seen the silverish color in person, and it looks stunning.

Silverish color I've been talking about:
[img]http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...vantage-v8.JPG[/img]

Last edited by bmorrell; 03-08-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
The vantage is such an awesome car.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm now looking at CLS55s and M5s. I test drove the Aston and my initial impression was not good. The dealer is looking to arrange a longer trial (like a whole day) to see if that changes my mind. I've also been following the Aston board closely and it seems that the car has a lot of issues. Not that I didn't expect it but I'm not sure that I want to deal with all of that with a daily driver.

So..... I'm undecided again. I want to want the Aston though.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jchoice
I'm now looking at CLS55s and M5s. I test drove the Aston and my initial impression was not good. The dealer is looking to arrange a longer trial (like a whole day) to see if that changes my mind. I've also been following the Aston board closely and it seems that the car has a lot of issues. Not that I didn't expect it but I'm not sure that I want to deal with all of that with a daily driver.

This is exactly how my thinking went... I loved the car, but it's not that fast and the reliability is iffy.

I hope you enjoy your 997S when you get it!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:36 AM
simon78 will become famous soon enough
I think CLS55 or E63 would be a good option you should consider.
Not so sure about the M5... since i heard lot of issues with the gear box.
And as a dialy car.. i think the MB AMG cars are good in many aspects of speed, comfort and sounds system is above averaga if you get Logic 7 with HK. Good luck

Old 03-10-2007, 01:45 PM
DrwVIP is on a distinguished road
Old 03-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
This is exactly how my thinking went... I loved the car, but it's not that fast and the reliability is iffy.

I hope you enjoy your 997S when you get it!
Hahaha! You know something I dont? I did consider throwing logic completely out and getting a 997GT3 but it's outside of my self-imposed budget.

I find it strange that with so many great cars out there and a healthy budget, I can't figure out what the hell I want. My lease is up on my current daily driver in a week. I guess I'll be driving the Civic Hybrid for a while until I figure this out.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Vantage and 997 GT3 are about the same price! Easily w/ in 10K depending on options...

Old 03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Vantage and 997 GT3 are about the same price! Easily w/ in 10K depending on options...
I was looking at one year used cars.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The Carrera S still fits the bill... including a bunch of options.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jchoice
I've also been following the Aston board closely and it seems that the car has a lot of issues. Not that I didn't expect it but I'm not sure that I want to deal with all of that with a daily driver.

I've had my Vantage for 3 months. (I know - not very long) but it has been bullet-proof. I drive it everyday and it's been perfect.

We've all heard, "wish it had more power..." but honestly, for a daily driver it's been more than adequate. If you are looking for a car with more power, there are plenty of others available. In my opinion when you buy an AMV8, you are buying the whole package; looks, performance, and prestige.

If you can borrow one for the entire day, you'll find out what I mean.

Good luck,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroporte vs. V8 Vantage for daily?