Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Quattroporte vs. V8 Vantage for daily?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:25 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Quattroporte vs. V8 Vantage for daily?

Not that you'd normally cross shop these cars but they are roughly in the same price range.

As a daily driver, assuming you have a cheap 4 door car as a backup car and already have a weekend car (Ferrari), which would you rather have as a daily driver:

2006 Quattroporte around 90 - 95k
2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage around 100 - 105k

I have no kids and only rarely carry more than one passenger. Having a stick shift would be fun since the Ferrari is an F1 but the Aston feels overpriced - even at 105k. On the other hand, I've heard "DO NOT BUY A QPORTE" from two different owners.

I want a special car I can drive everyday that has a great sound system, is comfortable, and fun. I am having a hard time deciding on what to get. It doesn't help that I've never driven either of these cars. I'm not a big fan of the M5. I've considered a CLS55 and even an 04 NSX (I love the blue and they are 60k).

Thoughts?

Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'd only get the QP with the new automatic, so that give the victory to the Vantage.

Given your lack or passengers, etc., the Vantage is MUCH more exotic and uncommon. I see a lot of high-end cars where I live, but I've only seen a couple of Vantages vs. a dozen or so QPs. Also, I almost bought a Vantage, but went with the 911 in the end.

Good luck!

Old 02-17-2007, 03:56 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
When you are driven alone than I will buy a AM V8. Looks hoter and is a little bit faster.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:09 AM
offensivo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quattroporte is elegant and purposeful; a gentleman's car. But the aston will give u more attention. And doesnt aston depreciate v. quickly?

Old 02-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by offensivo
Quattroporte is elegant and purposeful; a gentleman's car. But the aston will give u more attention. And doesnt aston depreciate v. quickly?
I don't think the QP or Vantage will depreciate faster than the other... You can find 2006 QPs for $95K (sticker around $115-125K).

Old 02-17-2007, 08:59 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
What is with a Quattroporte Sport GT Sport GT? 06 for around 105k!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
The Vantage is closer to $130K, but I guess I would still take it over th QP. Sounds sooooo much better.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:19 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
V8 Vantage without a doubt!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
I'm gonna go against the crowd here and say get a Quattroporte, if you have a Ferrari that is. No need for another "sports car".

But then again, im a sucker for Entourage.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
1~2 people = vantage...
more than 2 = quattroporte...

Old 02-17-2007, 02:10 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Vantage definately!

Old 02-17-2007, 03:08 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Personally, I don't care for the looks of the Quattroporte. You also mention that you have a four door car, so I would go with the Vantage. It truly is a great daily driver.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Well, my four door car is a Honda Civic Hybrid so it's not much of an alternative. I basically bought a $16,000 car pool sticker (used car) to save time on long commutes. It's a "last choice" option and not really good for carrying around clients or going to a nice place. Though, I rarely drive clients around.

However, my gf usually uses the hybrid so I could always use her new BMW turbo coupe if I really need to drive people around.

I've seen a few used Vantages in the 105k range. I see a lot of higher asking prices but to me, it doesn't seem like even the low price ones are really moving too quickly. 2006 QPs are even cheaper than 2006 AMV8s.

I like the class of the Maserati but I like the fact that the Aston is a stick shift. I like the looks of both but the Aston is prettier. The only problem with the Aston is that it is kinda small so it's have the same "presence" as the QPorte.

Anyone on here own both? I'm wondering which one is the smoother ride or the better sound system - daily driver stuff. I can't assume that it's the QPorte. I've heard some "I hate it" comments from QPorte owners because of the rough tranny, things rattling, poor build quality, etc. But then again, I also hear really positive comments from owners too.

Right now, I'm actively thinking Aston but I've been shy about sending in any offers to sellers until I figure out exactly what I want.

I'm surprised no one has suggested another car.

Oh yeah, I still gotta sale my current daily driver, my Infiniti FX45. Anyone want one cheap?

Old 02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by jchoice
Oh yeah, I still gotta sale my current daily driver, my Infiniti FX45. Anyone want one cheap?
Color/price/etc. on your FX? I had one in 2006 and I liked it...

As for an unmentioned alternative, why not the Audi S8? You can get a fully-loaded S8 for about $108K, it has a V10, tons of room, very classy, MUCH better made than either the V8 Vantage or the QP. Bajo (BBGT2 on the site) has one and loves it. If I was going for a sedan in that range, it's what I would get.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:45 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
I would LOVE a V8 Vantage as a daily driver.

Unfortunately, with four kids, two dogs, and half of the rest of the neighborhood kids in tow, I am on my seventh straight Suburban as a DD. The good news is they've gotten A LOT nicer than my first one almost a qurter of a century ago, and long before the term soccer mom was invented . . .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quattroporte vs. V8 Vantage for daily?