Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

perf. upgrade for vantage amv8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
perf. upgrade for vantage amv8?

hey guy looking for real perf. upgrade of AMV8 2006 vantage turbo supercharger? ...
i know mansory, quick silver exhaust, prodrive.. anything else?? thanks in advance..

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

Last edited by WheelB; 03-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:18 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't heard of any upgrades past Prodrive's kit tested in EVO magazine. IIRC, that kit was exhaust, reflash, etc. and added 40 hp or so.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Quicksilver has 3 Exhaust Variants , Sport ,Super Sport and Race if I am not mistaken. There arent many mods for them, I used to have the Price for the whole Prodive 420hp kit including CF Trim exterior for the front valalnce , rear wing and wheels/ lowering springs. 0-60mph in 4.7 with the 420hp kit.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I've searched extensively. There is nothing else. No interest from tuners either, I've contacted a s***load of them and they don't seem interested. Seams to me that a supercharger would fit nicely on the AJ block but no one is biting.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rmrmd1956
I've searched extensively. There is nothing else. No interest from tuners either, I've contacted a s***load of them and they don't seem interested. Seams to me that a supercharger would fit nicely on the AJ block but no one is biting.
On that note, I wonder if the s/c from an XK-R or XJ-R would work on that engine with a little "massaging". It's a 100hp bump on those cars.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:33 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
On that note, I wonder if the s/c from an XK-R or XJ-R would work on that engine with a little "massaging". It's a 100hp bump on those cars.
That would be interesting, Encourages many to purchase a 480hp V8 vantage, I think 380hp is little for an AstonMartin they should of made it GT3 Hp territory 415-20hp.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
That would be interesting, Encourages many to purchase a 480hp V8 vantage, I think 380hp is little for an AstonMartin they should of made it GT3 Hp territory 415-20hp.
A 480hp Vantage would be awesome...

The thing is, Aston Martin uses the "Vantage" label for their upgraded cars (i.e. DB7 Vantage, the old V8 Vantage, etc). I wonder if they would call it the Vantage Plus or Vantage R.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wheelB
hey guy looking for real perf. upgrade of AMV8 2006 vantage turbo supercharger? ...
i know mansory, quick silver exhaust, prodrive.. anything else?? thanks in advance..
Pretty much what you have mentioned is what is out there in terms of performance for the AMV8.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
How interested are you in doing some type of FI on the AMV8? I'd have to look into the pcm capabilities as far as tuning and such, but actually constructing the system is never the hard part.

Shoot me a PM and lets talk.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
TAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the roughTAEnvy is a jewel in the rough
Are we gonna be hearing a whine or whistle comin from under the hood? MAYBE BOTH?! Twin charging FTW

Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Are we gonna be hearing a whine or whistle comin from under the hood? MAYBE BOTH?! Twin charging FTW
idiot

Old 03-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
A Twin-Turbo would work wonders on the already aggressive V8. A GT3 or GT2 type Vantage would be perfect, cause the current Vatage is on the Carrera level (and we all know A.M wants the Vantage to rival the 911 model line ,am really interested in the future rear engined Aston). Anyhow, you know what they say good thing come to them that want (for me as long as it not forever). People does anyone know why Aston Martin's are the among the least tuned GT's?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
HenryM is on a distinguished road
Performance Mods

I suspect that Aston Martins are the least modified autos because there are so few of them.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
flight23 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know what the compression ration of the V8 Vantage engine is? At 380 hp out of a 4.3Liter engine, I would assume fairly high, making tuning difficult.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: perf. upgrade for vantage amv8?