Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AMV8 realiability issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Just lease it and don't worry about the reliability in the long-run... I'm sure they'll give you a dope loaner when it's in the shop.
yes, original plan is to buy one because I know I will not get tire of looking at this car for a long time. That said, you are right, leasing is looking like a better way to go... I am sure they will do a face lift at some point too. Maybe within the next few years, they will work out most ofthe issues.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:03 PM
jchoice is on a distinguished road
Just got my car back from the dealer today. They took very good care of me and the car. All of the minor issues have been fixed. I needed an updated gas cap, a few minor rattles resolved, a transmission update (new fluid, some adjustment), and they did the oil change. The 1000 mile service was free. I didn't know that it was until I picked up the car.

The next service is at 11,000 miles so it won't be for at least a year.

It was great to get the car back - it drives so well. I missed it.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
glad to hear that went well. Pls continue to keep me posted--thanks

Old 06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Got my car - having trouble posting pictures. Fantastic car - and I dumped my modded '03 996tt for it - yeah turbo was faster (550hp) but the AM is so much nicer. People go crazy over the looks - not many here in St Pete. I'll keep posting ... so far a 10!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:06 PM
mdc
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Got my car - having trouble posting pictures. Fantastic car - and I dumped my modded '03 996tt for it - yeah turbo was faster (550hp) but the AM is so much nicer. People go crazy over the looks - not many here in St Pete. I'll keep posting ... so far a 10!
Nice. Congrats!!! Sportshift?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:22 PM
CJA
CJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the roughCJA is a jewel in the rough
Enjoy it. One of the things I really like about the car is the fact that you see very few of them around.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
mdc
CJA, any issues with your 07 so far?