I'm pretty ignorant about Audi's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Carrera305 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swift996
I've driven a S4 before.

Many people can't afford a R8.

I'm not a huge fan of Mazda or anything. I just have always loved the design and genius of a rotary engine. Audi @ Sebring breaks down...
Racing Heritage? Yeah the RX7/Miata never won any classes. haahaha
The RX8 is the best of ITS CLASS, I know it can't compare to cars which run 3-4x the price. However, I will say that it can handle just as well as about any car in that $60-70K range. You're trying to compare apples and oranges on the street.

Oh remember the Mazda 787B? The one that won 24hrs @ Le Mans powered by a 4 rotor which had to be banned from the circuit because it had such a huge competitive advantage?

Ok, if you drive a Porsche or Ferrari, not only do you have sense but you might be able to argue racing heritage. Audi has dominated the LP1 class of the ALMS for the last couple of years. Mainly because they aren't running against much competition right now.

"I can't afford a R8"

Just give it 2 years they will be going for $60K hahah

Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
scottywho is on a distinguished road
I've driven a S4 before.

Many people can't afford a R8.

I'm not a huge fan of Mazda or anything. I just have always loved the design and genius of a rotary engine. Audi @ Sebring breaks down...
Racing Heritage? Yeah the RX7/Miata never won any classes. haahaha
The RX8 is the best of ITS CLASS, I know it can't compare to cars which run 3-4x the price. However, I will say that it can handle just as well as about any car in that $60-70K range. You're trying to compare apples and oranges on the street.

Oh remember the Mazda 787B? The one that won 24hrs @ Le Mans powered by a 4 rotor which had to be banned from the circuit because it had such a huge competitive advantage?

Ok, if you drive a Porsche or Ferrari, not only do you have sense but you might be able to argue racing heritage. Audi has dominated the LP1 class of the ALMS for the last couple of years. Mainly because they aren't running against much competition right now.

"I can't afford a R8"

RX-8 had a total recall on your beloved POS ****** engine.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Have a 996

Any pictures of your 996? Do you even own one? What members did you buy? I would think after starting that thread you would have announced your pick up and posted pictures like a good attention *****.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=121245

Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 993fan
They market to people that actually have taste and money.
Not all people with money have taste!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Not all people with taste have money...

Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Poor Swifty.....No Taste, No Money!

*I think the Title of the thread is too long. Instead of "I'm pretty ignorant about Audi's", you can delete the "..about Audi's" part of it.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
Let me know if you'd like to put a wager on that. If the average price of a R8 is $60K or less @ 4/1/10, I'll give you my R8. If the average price is >$60K, you give me your $30K 996.

How's that for a deal?

Old 03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by 993fan
Let me know if you'd like to put a wager on that. If the average price of a R8 is $60K or less @ 4/1/10, I'll give you my R8. If the average price is >$60K, you give me your $30K 996.

How's that for a deal?
There's people on the waiting list today who won't get their R8 before 4-1-10 and they are paying $130k...

Swift quote from a different thread.

Yeah I was surprised at first on how this forum worked, but it's pretty cool, weeds out the worthless.

Welcome!
Apparently not.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:39 PM
AuditudeA642 is on a distinguished road
my sons 2.0T A4 will take a **** on your RX8 in straight lines and turns and costs less than your RX8 and get 28mpgs. Get a life man.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:44 AM
swift996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AuditudeA642
my sons 2.0T A4 will take a **** on your RX8 in straight lines and turns and costs less than your RX8 and get 28mpgs. Get a life man.
Hahah, I don't even care about taking off in straight lines but your son would get destroyed. Guess it's good that he gets better gas mileage and has room for an entire family with groceries.

Look Audi's new concept unveiled at the Vienna auto show:

I'll leave you guys alone, have fun with the Audi thing.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 AM
KareemA4 is on a distinguished road
Hahah, I don't even care about taking off in straight lines but your son would get destroyed. Guess it's good that he gets better gas mileage and has room for an entire family with groceries.

Is that your car??

Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM
A4RingedONE8T is on a distinguished road
After reading this whole thread, all I can say is WOW! Audi is a love or hate kind of car, they are no where near as bad as some people think. There track record over the last 4-5 years has greatly improved and the cars they make now are actually quite well made. They don't fall apart in 2 years as mentioned and they sures the hell were not designed to be a lightweight car. How you can argue that as making the car "bad" is beyond me. They can be made to be very nimble and despite there weight and stock power figures, there power and performance can be greatly improved!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:25 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !

I think that the shape looks more like the Mazda look, RX8 and CX9 have the round bulges over the wheels. Are you sure this is an Audi? I would bet it is a Mazda, maybe a Holden, but not an Audi.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is on a distinguished road
This is just another case of a Porsche buyer who probably feels threatened by Audi's growth over the past few years. Vote To Ban!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 11:29 AM
MaRkeTMaKeR-NYC is on a distinguished road
Hey guys... I have been a lurker for awhile, but I had to join to reply to this thread...

this guy is a joke... so is his car... the RX-8.... HAHAHA.. an insult to the RX-7 and its heritage... Mazda built a chik's car... under powered and soft...

My 2004 350z will kill your RX-8 all day everyday... but so will a civic si, integra type-r and neon srt-4.... How do you feel about that??

How do you feel about getting your *** handed to you by a 20k car?? I used to street race and have NEVER lost to an RX-8...

Before you type anything else or make any comments about your car compared to ANY AUDI or ANY other car think carefully.... Look at your key chain and say to yourself..."Am I that dumb?!"

My 350 will even hang with your 996 and its about half the cost..

Last edited by MaRkeTMaKeR-NYC; 03-28-2008 at 11:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm pretty ignorant about Audi's