Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm pretty ignorant about Audi's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:47 AM
scottywho is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MaRkeTMaKeR-NYC
Hey guys... I have been a lurker for awhile, but I had to join to reply to this thread...

this guy is a joke... so is his car... the RX-8.... HAHAHA.. an insult to the RX-7 and its heritage... Mazda built a chik's car... under powered and soft...

My 2004 350z will kill your RX-8 all day everyday... but so will a civic si, integra type-r and neon srt-4.... How do you feel about that??

How do you feel about getting your *** handed to you by a 20k car?? I used to street race and have NEVER lost to an RX-8...

Before you type anything else or make any comments about your car compared to ANY AUDI or ANY other car think carefully.... Look at your key chain and say to yourself..."Am I that dumb?!"

My 350 will even hang with your 996 and its about half the cost..
My '06 agrees...

Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tommy6030
This is just another case of a Porsche buyer who probably feels threatened by Audi's growth over the past few years. Vote To Ban!!!!
Hey, careful!

Not all Porsche guys feel threatened by Audi's. Since 98 I have had a 96 A4 2.8, 01 S4, 05 S4, and 03 Allroad. I loved my Audi's but with young kids the S4's back seat didn't get it done. Traded it for a 997 and a Passat 4Motion, got rear end by a garbage truck in my first 997, could drive the Passat every day so I traded it in on the Allroad, did some mods and tracked it.

Video link to prove it
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SGLZhR2Rj8

Now have a new 997S (without the shape of a Garbage truck in the bumper), and one kick *** wagon to haul the kids and kick RX8 (and other punks in there wanabee/thinkiam fast cars) in the ***. I think the Allroad with the mods I have is one of the biggest sleepers around, it jumps of the line and through an intersection almost as fast a my 997.

I still love Audi's, but once again I just can't fall in love with the looks of the R8. I have tried but just can't, perhaps I need to drive one and love it that way.

BTW Porsche controls VW (and all it's subsidiaries) so an R8 is related to a Porsche!

Last edited by NorthVan; 03-28-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
achtung6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swift996
They are complete trash after 2 years when they start falling apart from every direction. They loose about half their value in 2 years.
Mazdas don't seem to age well at all either and lose is spelled with one "o".

Also......have you ever checked the resale value of a Mazda? Any Mazda?

Old 03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
achtung6 is on a distinguished road
Oh remember the Mazda 787B? The one that won 24hrs @ Le Mans powered by a 4 rotor which had to be banned from the circuit because it had such a huge competitive advantage?
The 787B did win LeMans. It did have an advantage and was banned. The car had much better fuel mileage in racing conditions that its competitors.

It deserved to win as its advantage in an endurance race such as the 24hrs of LeMans is very important.

However, history shows it was one of the slower cars at that race.

The 787B was a beautiful race car, BTW.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
ban this guy already

Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
ban this guy already
Steve, I don't think banning him is going to improve this Forum. The man isentitled to his opinion, that is why it is called a forum. Isn't freedom of speech one of the amendments? I think it is good to have a differentpoint of view on things, Mazda/Audi both have positves and both have negatives.

Besides if he is banned, then it is one less person to flame.

JMHO

Old 03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
[M3noDRFT] is on a distinguished road
I'm 1/2 1/2 on Audi's just because I have a close friend that puts EVERYTHING down for his Audi. As in, everything else is sht- but not his RS6. Oh well, whatever floats your boats. Yes, alot of them have maintnence issues, but what European car hasn't?? Tell me, I'm absolutley dying to know. My fathers W220 has had so many issues that he's just about DONE with Mercedes. Our X5 has had mis-firing issues in the past, which was taken care of by warranty but our Accord we used to own YEARS ago never had ANY as in 1 issue. Its all about engineering. These cars are engineered beautifully to run on a ring- but not to the grocery store.

As for the bashing on his RX8...please, don't sound like rich snobs guys. If this is what he drives, then don't put it down. He put Audi as A BRAND and a race heritage down, who cares thats his opinion! Your making comments about people who drive RX8s work at McDonalds? How ignorant. RS4s ARE NOT BALLER CARS! They still have the SAME body as any 19 year old girl driving an A4. Once again, its the performance that derives from the vehicle. Same with my M3, who cares...its still a fockin 3 series. Point is, if he drives the RX8...let him, don't go on his financial side of things...wtf I thought this was a CAR FORUM that things like "I DON'T LIKE AUDIS" (example...) could be expressed.

Sigh.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by [M3noDRFT]
As for the bashing on his RX8...please, don't sound like rich snobs guys. If this is what he drives, then don't put it down. He put Audi as A BRAND and a race heritage down, who cares thats his opinion! Your making comments about people who drive RX8s work at McDonalds? How ignorant. RS4s ARE NOT BALLER CARS! They still have the SAME body as any 19 year old girl driving an A4. Once again, its the performance that derives from the vehicle. Same with my M3, who cares...its still a fockin 3 series. Point is, if he drives the RX8...let him, don't go on his financial side of things...wtf I thought this was a CAR FORUM that things like "I DON'T LIKE AUDIS" (example...) could be expressed.

Sigh.
Self Expression is encouraged. We are simply expressing that we think an RX-8 is a piece of shxt.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 PM
PbPedis is on a distinguished road
Audi could never produce a vehicle comparable to the RX8

They are complete trash after 2 years when they start falling apart from every direction.

Audi sucks face it
Holy ****, what a dumbass.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:25 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
The car section of this forum is completely loosing it. I'm sticking to the Watch section.