Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OCT Tuning Adds 100ft/lbs of Torque!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
OCT Tuning Adds 100ft/lbs of Torque!

One of our local customer’s had come to us with an Audi A6 2.7T quattro. Running the same drivetrain and 2.7 liter biturbo V6 as the Audi S4, this sedan packs a serious punch in factory form. Throw an OCT tuning ECU flash, and this is what happens…

We have tuning for the RS4, RS6, S4, TT, A4, and even the R8.

You can view all our Audi Applications HERE.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
What's the AWHP and AWTQ?

Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
219hp and 269tq. Baseline was 173hp and 169tq.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
AudiRS is on a distinguished road
that's nice but his turbos won't last long with stock cats/exhaust

Old 09-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
We are working on installing a Milltek Exhaust for him.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
the A6 has the same 2.7TT motor as the B5 S4...GIAC/APR/AWE/MTM already make a chip that adds that much or maybe a little more.....I think.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for killing the thunder. OCT Tuning is pretty well known in Germany. Check out this RWD S3 they did - http://www.oct-tuning.no/nettbutikk/...page=page&id=3

Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 AM
bond525is is on a distinguished road
Nice! I just flash a Cayenne turbo as well!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor
Bond - Post up results, pics, driving impressions. The Cayenne I thought you could not flash via OBDII. I want to see how yours went!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
ABTsportsline is on a distinguished road
quick question - tuning for the 2.7t has been around for awhile, and as someone else has said, that engine's program management has really already reached its peak in the development/tuning cycle. i'd love to see OCT's #'s posted next to everyone else that has already been doing this for awhile.

i'm not doubting those #'s.... but saying 100hp more is misleading when its not "peak" hp and everyone else in the industry is claiming peak hp gains.

also reliability comes into issue here. There were some companies that were pushing past GIAC, APR, AWE, MTM, REVO, etc in horsepower claims, but they were pushing the boost past what would be considered normal, reliable power increases for the driveline. this would obviously result in early failure for many parts (turbos included). I'd question what separates OCT from the existing marketplace, and what tests/proof do they have that this won't disrupt the status quo for reliability on these engines?

and i'm not trying to be a buzzkill or pick apart what you're offering. i OWN a 2.7t and have done my homework with this motor, plus i've been "in the game" for a long time. when new stuff comes around, smart consumers must be wary. :thumbup:

Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
Peak horsepower is the worst thing to analyze... It means nothing. And in fact, most companies that build intake, exhaust, etc, will give you a HP number from the largest gain in the curve.

As far as OCT compared to the others. You can read more here at www.oct-tuning.com They are not new. New to America maybe...

Oh and nothing misleading here... the title CLEARLY says 100ft/lbs of torque, not HP.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
ABTsportsline is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vividracing
Peak horsepower is the worst thing to analyze... It means nothing. And in fact, most companies that build intake, exhaust, etc, will give you a HP number from the largest gain in the curve.
it's not a matter of analyzing, its a matter of industry standards & status quo. It is the same as using "horsepower" to rate how powerful cars are. We really don't need to compare our cars to horses anymore, but that method of measurement is used because it is the standard.... that's what i was referring to.

As far as OCT compared to the others. You can read more here at www.oct-tuning.com They are not new. New to America maybe...

Oh and nothing misleading here... the title CLEARLY says 100ft/lbs of torque, not HP.
i misspoke, torque versus hp.... still doesn't detract from my point.

i'll go check out the website now. thanks for showing us another tuning option for the 2.7T.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
no problemo!

Old 09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
wow tough room , sounds like a good gain to me

Old 09-09-2008, 07:01 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
Great product & results Vivid!! I've been running same OCT chip & Milltek exhaust setup on my '02 B5S4 for last 20K+ miles with no abnormal engine problems whatsoever while still on stock K03 turbos as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OCT Tuning Adds 100ft/lbs of Torque!