Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S8 incredible offer???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
Wow...where in the world are these cars located? What dealer in their right mind would neglect these cars to the point where they are absolutely filthy both inside and out? I don't get it. You can even see in one of the pictures an industrial looking building, which may account for the fallout caked all over the cars. That's a major red flag, as it could be corrosive to the exterior paint and parts. That said, based on the condition of this dealer's cars, I wouldn't have the tiniest bit of confidence in the dealer's ability to get the cars back to 'new' condition. Plus, the price of $85K is just ok, it's not really a killer deal considering age and condition IMHO.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
why dont you just tell everyone the cars are located the Mid east?

I wouldnt buy it for $45k much less 85k.

Last edited by kosmo69; 02-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 AM
kabbanid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kosmo69
why dont you just tell everyone the cars are located the Mid east?

Wasn't obvious, "parked in the sun and sand for two years!!"

Old 02-23-2010, 02:50 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kabbanid
Wasn't obvious, "parked in the sun and sand for two years!!"
actually not obvious, but surely one of the guesses, either way terrible condition for the car...

best advice is dont buy, if it seems to good to be true it usually is. The car looks like its in terrible condition, especially if the sand got into the intake, as well as the interior (pic of window button shows this). I would not buy anything from this dealer.

Oh and as much as I love the S8 (especially after watching the movies Ronin, and the new From Paris with love, where the S8 looks and does insane driving stunts) there is absolutely no way for you to possibly compare the driving/handling of an S8 to that of a Carrera variant.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Run for your life away from those cars.............straight to the Porsche dealership and get a CPO Carrera S

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
geestyleed is on a distinguished road
I would suggest: buy one get one free

Old 02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
yeah, on seeing the pix they look pretty bad. either don't bother or get a much better price to take care of your risk...

Old 02-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Run for your life away from those cars.............straight to the Porsche dealership and get a CPO Carrera S
Well I do have a plan B which involves getting a new 2010 Carrera S. Pics attached (sorry for the quality, but it was almost night and I took these with my phone).

It will cost me around 17,500$ more than the Audi S8.

I will do a last stunt with the Audi dealer and offer 68,000$ instead of the 82,000$ he is asking and see how it goes (and probably still head to the Porsche dealer)

Attached Images      
Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
what do you think it will cost to bring the car up to new condition? Cleaning intakes, engines parts + interior?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^ Pics

Now you're talking!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by kosmo69
what do you think it will cost to bring the car up to new condition? Cleaning intakes, engines parts + interior?
Since the car is bought from the dealer he will deliver it too me in an new condition.He will polish the extrior, clean the interior, clean the engine and change the tyres. Do you think the intakes need to be cleaned? Keep in mind that I am getting am getting a 3 year manufacturer warranty and 5 years free service.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kabbanid
Since the car is bought from the dealer he will deliver it too me in an new condition.He will polish the extrior, clean the interior, clean the engine and change the tyres. Do you think the intakes need to be cleaned? Keep in mind that I am getting am getting a 3 year manufacturer warranty and 5 years free service.

Don't forget that the waranty may just have you driving around in a loaner from the dealer all of the time while the work that is covered by the waranty is being done. I would take one with miles on it over one that has been forgotten at the back of the lot and driven for two years. Cars are meant to be driven. What kind of maintenance has been done on these cars? Has the normal maintenance been done based on time as opposed to mileage? Does the car still has the same fluids from delivery?

If that is the condition they allowed the cars to get to then how could you find it in yourself to trust their prep (detailing and ensuring proper working order) before handing it over to you?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 AM
yes I would get the intakes/MAF sensors etc all checked out. Remember, in your climate these precautions are very important, IMO. And yes, warranties are best when they are not needed.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
last pic looks like from a post-apocalyptic movie ... love the S8 though, great car ...

Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
bb996+r1 is infamous around these parts
They deff. fell off the sand truck. LOL!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: S8 incredible offer???