Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A.W.E. Tuning B8 S4 gets a Makeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Chris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the rough
A.W.E. Tuning B8 S4 gets a Makeover

Ladies and Gents,

Over the last couple weeks, our B8 S4 received a performance and cosmetic overhaul just in time for Waterfest this past weekend. The stock B8 S4 is a good looking and performing car, but there was a lot of untapped potential that we wanted to bring out for the big show.

Follow along below and watch the transformation.

First up, some carbon fiber Front and Rear splitters from our friends at Eurogear. These gorgeous pieces add a nice visual flair to the subtle style of the OE bumpers.

Wheels/Tires:

We spent a lot of time looking for the right wheel/tire package before selecting the 20 x 9” Rotiform Nue5s in a charcoal finish wrapped with some fresh 265/30/20 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires.

The wheels have a subtle concavity to them that’s hard to discern in photographs.

Next order of business: Suspension.

As soon as we heard about Bilstein’s new electrically adjustable coilover kit for the B8, we knew we had to have it for the car.

This kit allows you to toggle between two settings; one more comfort oriented and the other firmer; via the push of a cabin mounted button.

This is a great option for cars not equipped with ADS.

The installation of this setup is more involved than your usual coilover kit as it involves running wiring from the shocks into the cabin of the car.

Cabin mounted controller button.

Dialing in the ride height… not quite there yet….

Perfect!

Last but certainly not least is Big Red…Brembo’s 6-Piston 380mm BBK for the B8.

While it is primarily a street car our S4, like all of our vehicles, will undergo some rigorous track testing as part of its development schedule.

Final images are below:

Cheers!

Old 07-21-2010, 02:47 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
wow that S4 looks awesome.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM
iconoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of light
AWE Tuning always doing it right... curious to know if and when a tune (read: chip) is coming out for the B8 S4...

Old 07-21-2010, 05:08 PM
RS4-Brian will become famous soon enoughRS4-Brian will become famous soon enough
Looks great...love the suspension and a great install location for the sport button. The wheels look better in motion than standing still to me though...the spokes are a little too thick I think. Car looks great though. Now you need a chip to dial up the boost!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 PM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Not so much on the wheels.....everything else looks great!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Chris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the roughChris/AWE is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iconoclast
AWE Tuning always doing it right... curious to know if and when a tune (read: chip) is coming out for the B8 S4...
GIAC is hard at work on B8 S4 Performance Software. I don't have any sort of power figures or timeframe to share at this time but I will share more information as soon as it is available.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
Looks great...love the suspension and a great install location for the sport button. The wheels look better in motion than standing still to me though...the spokes are a little too thick I think. Car looks great though. Now you need a chip to dial up the boost!
The wheels really need to be seen in person to be truly appreciated I guess.

When I first saw them in the shop, I really wasn't a fan. The more I looked at them and noticed small things, like the subtle concavity, the more I liked them. Once they were on the car, they got my seal of approval.

I wish you all could see the car in person. Everyone who saw it at Waterfest raved about it, especially the wheels.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 PM
AlpineEcstasy is on a distinguished road
That car is stunning. First impressions had me disliking the wheels, but within 5 minutes I'm already agreeing that they look right on this car.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Blake P has a spectacular aura aboutBlake P has a spectacular aura about
Hold on just one f'ing minute... I think you may have forgotten to mention one very important thing... the exhaust, perhaps? Looks great and sounds even better, I'm sure!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 PM
ApeelinZ is on a distinguished road
Not feelin those wheels...

Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
AWE you guys are great, make great products, and i never chime in when i dont like something, but those have got to be the fugliest wheels i have ever f@cking seen....

sorry, i dont even click in this forum too often but i saw your name, then saw those wheel and had to comment

Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM
iconoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of lighticonoclast is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alex/A.W.E.
GIAC is hard at work on B8 S4 Performance Software. I don't have any sort of power figures or timeframe to share at this time but I will share more information as soon as it is available.
excellent, hopefully we hear from you or austin in the near future... i am very eager to see what giac has to offer for this platform...

Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
jacx920 can only hope to improve
saw this car at waterfest, pics don't do justice.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
N'Syncro is on a distinguished road
Interesting suspension.

And the car looks great, but something about it seems off. I don't know why, but those pictures make it look very large (like an A8) for some reason.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM
$teady$upreme is on a distinguished road
That rolling shot is sick, love it~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A.W.E. Tuning B8 S4 gets a Makeover